• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your open carry experiences and encounters

ginfield

Open carry lunch at Trails End in Owasso then stopped at QT on the way home.
Got a couple of looks from one of the QT clerks, but thats it.

ArmyVet73

Walmart at 81st and Lewis, Tulsa

Went in and did some shopping and used the photo kiosk and talked to an associate about the pictures. Saw him and his buddy peeking around the corner at me talking and laughing making jokes I guess. Paid at register and left without any problems, some second glances though.

godlessdustin

I open carried my Glock 17 in a serpa holster at Wal-Mart in Ada lastnight. Nobody noticed except my brother in law that I ran into.

MM_45

I carried in La Fiesta a mexican restaurant and i also went into Chisholm Corner convience store now that they decided to take down there gun buster signs today that they posted on all there stores a couple days ago.

Bullbuster

Right on y'all. Wished I was around to have had the chance myself to OC. It's nothing new to me living in other states but OK is my home now. Come on January when I return from deployment and am able to for myself again. Will continue to keep tabs on y'all reports till then.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
OC'ed at Walmart at Penn / Memorial in OKC while shopping for about two hours. It is a pretty rough neighborhood and store. There were a few obnoxiously loud and rambunctious patrons entering the store as we were but they entered in front of us and never had the opportunity to notice. I had the voice recorder going the entire time, but thankfully it was not needed as I had no encounters of any kind with patrons or employees. I didn't even see anyone do a double take. As is consistent with my many years of experience OC'ing, there were no issues.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So OC has been legal in Oklahoma for two days now and the MSM is full of not having reports of horses fainting, women stampeding, shootouts over parking spaces, or blood otherwise flowing in the streets. Even the tin-foil news sources have been publishing pages of nothing about OCers causing riots as frightened shoppers flee markets and restaurant patrons are crushed in their haste to get away from those visible guns. Even the gun blogs have taken notice of the event, yawned and moved on to other stuff.

I'm probably even more disappointed than all the rabid anti-gun rights folks whose living nightmares just did not materialize. [/sarcasm]

Now that first-day jitters are out of the way, y'all can look forward to OCing becoming the major non-event the rest of us generally experience. Enjoy!

stay safe.

MKEgal

hrdware said:
My bank has signs posted...
SG: I have had 4 people open carry in here already today.
So there are at least 5 reasonable customers. Y'all need to write to the management & express your opinions about being forced to change banks yet again. Comments from employees don't mean as much as from customers.

ArmyVet73

Day 2 update from yesterday's post

Rode the Harley around Tulsa most of the evening and not a single wreck looking at my Beretta on my hip Lol. Also had a nice conversation with the little lady/Owner of Metric Cycles on Admiral and Yale, she was not in the know so I did a little educating and low and behold she has a permit to carry so she said she was gonna start wearing in the store now and around since I told her she can. Great day for 2A!!

Robert318

I oced for my first time into Mazzios in Choctaw last night with my wife and daughter. I didn't see any double takes but my daughter said a lady by the door was big eyed when she saw my Tuarus PT140 millinium and ask her husband if it was legal (they seemed to leave fairly quickly). And today I carried into KFC in Shawnee with one older lady grinned and shook her head as to gesture her disapproval, and another lady eyeballed my gun more than once then I think she was complaining to management as we were leaving. Other than that so far so good, no sudden stampedes, Leo encounters for MWAG, vocal rebuttels, questions asked, etc.
Though maybe its just me but everyone I did encounter seemed to be more friendly and polite than normal.

My wife told me CVS has gun buster signs up! She was going to get some nose spray but when she saw the sign she turned around and left. She still not sure she wants to get a permit but says she doesn't mind that others do and feels safer when she is with me when I'm carrying.

Brandon9mm

My wife told me CVS has gun buster signs up! She was going to get some nose spray but when she saw the sign she turned around and left. She still not sure she wants to get a permit but says she doesn't mind that others do and feels safer when she is with me when I'm carrying.

I will check the CVS's in Tulsa/Owasso. Will do some search in the other state forums to see if they have the same thing with their locations.

Looked at other state boards, and it is not just Oklahoma.

Last edited:

ethorman

I will check CVS and Walgreens here in Lawton and report back. Just to add I too had the voice recorder going but did not have any encounters.

Joe in Norman

Upset at Wal Mart, but no confrontation..

Hey there folks, been lurking for a bit and a first post here for ya. OC'ed at Wal Mart in Norman off of I-35 today and got more attention from a produce guy than anyone. He was visibly upset and scrambled to who I am guessing was a superior (or maybe just another checker). He then scurried off to look for the gunbuster sticker on the door. I ignored him but could clearly overhear him on the way back in stating "It's not there!" And then I believe he made a remark about how they needed to fix that. Finished up and left with no incident. From there a real quick in and out at Atwoods on Highway 9. No problems there although I was literally only in for maybe a minute. And btw.. howdy to all the new friends I have met since Nov. 1 :)

mspgunner

Going to come on down

I've been reading the threads here. Seems all is going well.
I'm from the St. Louis area, (MO) it's not too far to Tulsa, OK. I think ealry in December I'll trek on down, hope some in the Tulsa area will get together for dinner.

While I bust you know what here in Missouri to fix our little OC mess (progress is being made) I've met up with OCers in AZ, SD and WI.

I'll post when I'm going to get there and spend a day or two of Missouri $$$ in Tulsa. The exchange rate is favorable too.

Oklahoma is "OK"!

okiephlyer

Dinner with friends at El Tequila on Elm Pl in Broken Arrow. Not sure any of the staff noticed. Got some eyes from some of the patrons. The longest stare came from one of my friends that I walked in with. Guess he didn't notice me carrying until after dinner and we were just sitting around and talking.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Hey there folks, been lurking for a bit and a first post here for ya. OC'ed at Wal Mart in Norman off of I-35 today and got more attention from a produce guy than anyone. He was visibly upset and scrambled to who I am guessing was a superior (or maybe just another checker). He then scurried off to look for the gunbuster sticker on the door. I ignored him but could clearly overhear him on the way back in stating "It's not there!" And then I believe he made a remark about how they needed to fix that. Finished up and left with no incident. From there a real quick in and out at Atwoods on Highway 9. No problems there although I was literally only in for maybe a minute. And btw.. howdy to all the new friends I have met since Nov. 1 :)

First of all, WELCOME! Thanks for signing up on the forum. I hope you become a regular poster.

That's sad for the Walmart guy. Walmart should have made sure all their employees were aware that OC is legal, in case someone lives in a van by the river and never hears any news coverage. Sad that someone has such a huge fear of inanimate objects. Hopefully OC will help him overcome this, and he doesn't ruin too many pairs of fruit of the looms in the process.

ethorman

Yes welcome!! I had two managers watch my family and another (friends of ours OCing as well) They never confronted us and I even walked right in front of them, but there were two of them in light blue shirts (managers) with the fancy headsets and they were chatting it up pretty good. (Most workers would be working right...) So we assumed they were there to keep an eye on us. I think the most damage done way by my son (19 months) tearing thru the movies lol.

PS we did put them back where they belong.

Mosnar87

in case someone lives in a van by the river and never hears any news coverage.

Heh. When I lived in Stillwater and worked at Wal-Mart, one of my coworkers and his wife lived in a plywood box in the bed of his truck, which was usually parked in the Wal-Mart lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2