• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Law synopsis on business card?

Brandon Harwell

Have any of you seen a synopsis of the OC/CC laws in/on a business card type format? I was curious just in case you need to hand them to someone trying to overstep his/her authority. Might also be nice to hand out for information if someone were to ask how you can OC.
Thanks

gprod55

Hand outs

The Oklahoma Second Amendment Association (ok2a.org) has handouts concerning,
"New and Existing Gun Laws Pertaining to Open or Concealed Carry of a Handgun In Oklahoma On and After November 1, 2012".
OKOCA also produced a like pamphlet that can be carried in ones pocket or wallet.
These pamplets give the most important changes to the laws of open carry.
When approached by Leo's or citizens they can quote the title and sections to which they pertain.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The Oklahoma Second Amendment Association (ok2a.org) has handouts concerning,
"New and Existing Gun Laws Pertaining to Open or Concealed Carry of a Handgun In Oklahoma On and After November 1, 2012".
OKOCA also produced a like pamphlet that can be carried in ones pocket or wallet.
These pamplets give the most important changes to the laws of open carry.
When approached by Leo's or citizens they can quote the title and sections to which they pertain.

It never hurts to have reference materials available. Just don't count on it much as a counter-argument for police or hostile business owners. Especially police.

Police have shown a strong disregard for such materials. When they are telling you wrongly that you are breaking the law or trying to throw their weight around, they are not in the frame of mind to find out they are wrong. I think it comes from some idea that they must always maintain control of any situation. In any event, I can't remember the last cop who accepted such a handout during an adversarial encounter, much less actually read it and changed his mind.

Where these materials seem most useful is curious citizens and business owners. And, slightly disbelieving people.