• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fully Legal - Unregistered, Unserialized Weapon!!!

neuroblades

I hope that title caught everyone's attention, I meant for it too grab you!

I was browsing the wonderful world wide web a little while ago and ran across this most amazing and liberating information and the beauty of it, it's for real & fully legal under BATFE! *LOL*

Too good to be true you say? No way in this world you say? Can't be you say? Well, I figured I'd encounter nay-sayer's when I posted this so what better way to properly distribute Great Information than with the original video I discovered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30i_6awxEG4&feature=watch-vrec

Enjoy my fellow OCDO friends! :)

09jisaac

You can find other information on this on different parts of this forum. I was amazed at it too.

Also, most weapons in Kentucky are unregistered.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
No registration in Nevada (at least not in the free 85% portions thereof) - I'm amazed that this is news to this community?

No registration here either; I believe he meant that it was not traceable back to whoever builds it. If a firearm is purchased from an FFL, then there is a record kept of the firearm and serial number, which could be traced back to the original buyer (this is true in ALL states). The local CLEO is also notified when certain purchases are made from an FFL -- like when more than one handgun is purchased in a certain time-frame due to federal law.

States and localities are NOT legally allowed to begin a registration scheme from information obtained on the 4473 or the NCIC background check, however, they can begin a registration scheme based on forms or information that they have requested, and some states do have registration at the state and local level.

neuroblades

No registration here either; I believe he meant that it was not traceable back to whoever builds it. If a firearm is purchased from an FFL, then there is a record kept of the firearm and serial number, which could be traced back to the original buyer (this is true in ALL states). The local CLEO is also notified when certain purchases are made from an FFL -- like when more than one handgun is purchased in a certain time-frame due to federal law.

States and localities are NOT legally allowed to begin a registration scheme from information obtained on the 4473 or the NCIC background check, however, they can begin a registration scheme based on forms or information that they have requested, and some states do have registration at the state and local level.

Yeah, that's what I was meaning in posting this. It;s a great idea and for a little elbow grease and time, you can have a one off, limited, TRULY CUSTOM MADE AR-15 of your very own!