Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My daughter, the Second Amendment

My daughter, the Second Amendment

Without any prompting, encouragement, or help from me whatsoever, my 17 y.o. daughter whipped up this costume last night so she could wear it to school today for Halloween. The pieces of paper on each shoulder are copies of a magnetic bumper sticker that I have on my car. No, she wasn't harassed at all. Yes, I'm proud of her. Just a few more years until she can open carry...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	9475

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	9474
    Hoplophobia is a social disease.

Wait I thought today was about dressing up as somthing you're not...
    JK I like it.Give her props for originality.

Good thing she wasn't down in Seattle, the schools down there banned costumes so no doubt the anti-gun libs would have used that as an excuse to suppress her free speech. Good costume.
    Last edited by Alpine; 10-31-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Props!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Wow they actually let her mention weapons at a public school? Usually that's grounds for expulsion lately.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Good for her!
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by geojohn View Post
    Without any prompting, encouragement, or help from me whatsoever, my 17 y.o. daughter whipped up this costume last night so she could wear it to school today for Halloween. The pieces of paper on each shoulder are copies of a magnetic bumper sticker that I have on my car. No, she wasn't harassed at all. Yes, I'm proud of her. Just a few more years until she can open carry...

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	9475

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	9474
    I just wish more of the kids today would do as your daughter did.I apploud her for that.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Good on her! And on you and your wife for raising her right.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Well Done!
    Darren

Pass the popcorn

Can we trade daughters? Just kidding, my daughter totally supports my gun ownership, she just prefers edged weapons because the sound of gunfire will draw zombie hoards. One of her HS graduation presents was a nice Gerber machete.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

My youngest daughter (18) and her first OC (private property).
    (Both daughters received a Sig P239 9mm for their graduation gift(

Live Free or Die!

Gee where were all these girls when I was going to high school (Actually, I'm probably still far too young the use the "when I was going to high school phrase I only graduated 17 months ago.. still) But still, a huge percentage of females I knew in high school were all extreme leftists who think guns are freaky....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 11-01-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Gee where were all these girls when I was going to high school (Actually, I'm probably still far too young the use the "when I was going to high school phrase I only graduated 17 months ago.. still) But still, a huge percentage of females I knew in high school were all extreme leftists who think guns are freaky....
    Boys don't likely flock to girls whose fathers' OC... They likely end up in the hood canal if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    Boys don't likely flock to girls whose fathers' OC... They likely end up in the hood canal if they do.
    I like the Hood Canal, I swim there even in the winter.....

The only real question I have is if the father starts asking a battery of questions do you comply or treat them like a police officer? and if they ARE a police officer then do you not say anything?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I like the Hood Canal, I swim there even in the winter.....

The only real question I have is if the father starts asking a battery of questions do you comply or treat them like a police officer? and if they ARE a police officer then do you not say anything?
    If you truely are interested in the girl, you damn well better answer each and every question, call him "sir", and damn near treat him like god... If you don't, he can make your life a living hell :P

Most father's think of their daughters as their princess' and you better treat them that way and the father's as if they are kings.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    If you truely are interested in the girl, you damn well better answer each and every question, call him "sir", and damn near treat him like god... If you don't, he can make your life a living hell :P

Most father's think of their daughters as their princess' and you better treat them that way and the father's as if they are kings.

Most fathers also know if someone is a kiss ass, brown nosing dirtbag................like all boys that come near my daughter....hehe...my daughter had me meet her boyfriend this last spring.....he was so nervous....it was fun.

My son says a lot of guys stay away from his sister because they know I carry a gun.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

My daughter, the Second Amendment

Nice!!! That's pretty awesome!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

GRIIIMMMM!!!! How are you doing!?

Certainly what you said is probably right...

But if you want to know a story, The last time I had a girlfriend was several years ago, and her father only said "I don't care what you do just don't get caught" Good thing I come with my own set of morals, because a sad man like that certainly isn't willing to force them.... Certainly wouldn't be what I would say. I expected a multitude of questions, never really asked me any, never talked to my parents... kind of dissapointing, I was looking forward to getting grilled with questions. He was a strong democrat though, I don't even think he owned any guns...

Just a sad reflection on society I guess
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 11-01-2012 at 09:39 PM.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Wow they actually let her mention weapons at a public school? Usually that's grounds for expulsion lately.
    she didn't mention weapons, just her right to "bear arms", which is what she was doing....

...errr, bare arms
    Last edited by jt59; 11-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Most fathers also know if someone is a kiss ass, brown nosing dirtbag................like all boys that come near my daughter....hehe...my daughter had me meet her boyfriend this last spring.....he was so nervous....it was fun.

My son says a lot of guys stay away from his sister because they know I carry a gun.
    I'm not a kiss ass, I just think that I would treat a woman/girl like I would want some guy to treat my daughter.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

I'm not a kiss ass, I just think that I would treat a woman/girl like I would want some guy to treat my daughter.
    I must apologize for the confusion, that wasn't meant to be about you, just using your post as a point of juxtaposition to point out that fathers can often smell the rats no matter how appeasing they appear.

Thanks for the kind words. I just showed this thread to my daughter and she got a kick out of all the comments.

She wanted me to add that she took the younger kids trick-or-treating last night with the addition of carrying an arsenal of nerf guns and got several more positive comments.
    Hoplophobia is a social disease.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geojohn View Post
    Very very nicely done!
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The oldest daughter...

Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    The oldest daughter...
    Nice catch getting the casing in mid-flight with the shadow right on her head.
    Last edited by bmg50cal; 11-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast