• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My daughter, the Second Amendment

sudden valley gunner

I'm not a kiss ass, I just think that I would treat a woman/girl like I would want some guy to treat my daughter.

I must apologize for the confusion, that wasn't meant to be about you, just using your post as a point of juxtaposition to point out that fathers can often smell the rats no matter how appeasing they appear.

geojohn

Thanks for the kind words. I just showed this thread to my daughter and she got a kick out of all the comments.

She wanted me to add that she took the younger kids trick-or-treating last night with the addition of carrying an arsenal of nerf guns and got several more positive comments.

twoskinsonemanns

Without any prompting, encouragement, or help from me whatsoever, my 17 y.o. daughter whipped up this costume last night so she could wear it to school today for Halloween. The pieces of paper on each shoulder are copies of a magnetic bumper sticker that I have on my car. No, she wasn't harassed at all. Yes, I'm proud of her. Just a few more years until she can open carry...

Very very nicely done!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The oldest daughter...

300244_1570348395127_1605302662_n.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Without any prompting, encouragement, or help from me whatsoever, my 17 y.o. daughter whipped up this costume last night so she could wear it to school today for Halloween. The pieces of paper on each shoulder are copies of a magnetic bumper sticker that I have on my car. No, she wasn't harassed at all. Yes, I'm proud of her. Just a few more years until she can open carry...

View attachment 9475

View attachment 9474

You should be very proud of her!

My oldest daughter (pictured in an above post) wrote a paper for her senior project 2 years ago. It was at Decatur HS in Federal Way, a public school. Her senior advisor was the drama teacher, not a notoriously conservative nor gun friendly profession. Her paper was on guns and open carry. I did not prompt her to choose the topic but was more than happy to help her find facts and be able to cite/footnote her paper. She did a nice job on the paper, and she provided more than average number of cites complete with great footnotes often referencing OCDO.

Needless to say she got an A on the paper. Turns out that many 'liberal' teachers have a strong libertarian vein running through their soul when it comes to ideas surrounding freedom.

Recently, she joined a sorority at MSU and a bunch of the girls and a brother fraternity went shooting. Needless to say when the boys learn that she not only shoots but owns a Sig P239, loves football and baseball they are excited but a bit intimidated.

A pic of the sorority/fraternity shoot.

664460_4380652068181_779956401_o.jpg

175535_4380649508117_1931755850_o.jpg

Last edited:

tombrewster421

My daughter who is only 6 OCd her cap gun to Walmart with me and wanted to shoot zombies in a video game at the movie theater. She's gonna be a 2A girl for sure.

(no I don't play video games and didn't prompt the desire to shoot zombies. But I'm proud of her for sure.)

EMNofSeattle

You should be very proud of her!

My oldest daughter (pictured in an above post) wrote a paper for her senior project 2 years ago. It was at Decatur HS in Federal Way, a public school. Her senior advisor was the drama teacher, not a notoriously conservative nor gun friendly profession. Her paper was on guns and open carry. I did not prompt her to choose the topic but was more than happy to help her find facts and be able to cite/footnote her paper. She did a nice job on the paper, and she provided more than average number of cites complete with great footnotes often referencing OCDO.

Needless to say she got an A on the paper. Turns out that many 'liberal' teachers have a strong libertarian vein running through their soul when it comes to ideas surrounding freedom.

Recently, she joined a sorority at MSU and a bunch of the girls and a brother fraternity went shooting. Needless to say when the boys learn that she not only shoots but owns a Sig P239, loves football and baseball they are excited but a bit intimidated.

A pic of the sorority/fraternity shoot.

664460_4380652068181_779956401_o.jpg

175535_4380649508117_1931755850_o.jpg

They must not live on campus then, I was told MSU was fairly anti-gun?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
They must not live on campus then, I was told MSU was fairly anti-gun?

She lived on campus the first year. They actually have gun lockers and gun cleaning rooms in the dorms. Although handguns are not permitted and ammo must be bought or kept off campus. This year she is in a house and keeps her Sig in a safe in the house.

EMNofSeattle

She lived on campus the first year. They actually have gun lockers and gun cleaning rooms in the dorms. Although handguns are not permitted and ammo must be bought or kept off campus. This year she is in a house and keeps her Sig in a safe in the house.

Well it's a start.... can they keep evil black cool looking rifles in the lockers?

Not terribly bad I guess.