• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newsok.com article about the 1st ever OC event in Oklahoma [link]

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
One hour after the event ended, our first news story about the breakfast at Beverly's...

In the video (need time to edit, then I'll post it), I count about 40 people plus 5 media people. Great turnout! There are a couple of photos with the story on newsok.

link

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

The news is out,,, and the news is good,,, hoowra!!!
Im surprised at how many threads this day generated.
Im surprised at how few showed any interest on the forum for this event.
Im surprised at how very many Oklahomans showed up at 12:01 for this great day!!! what a turnout!
Your links are very good, the stories are spot on.
Carry a recorder... check.
Dont call ahead for permission... check.
29 states accept open with no permit.
15 state allow open carry with a permit,,, welcome to you guys... you have a privilage,,, Now turn it in to a right!

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Sir, we learned from the best here at OCDO. I studied this website extensively before I ever decided I supported open carry for Oklahoma. I even planned my vacation around open carry. Went to NV to see it and to do it firsthand. Came back to Oklahoma and got to work putting together a group.

Here we are today.

hermannr

Super guys...hope all stays well for you. I think you went into a lot of prep work that is going to help in the long run. Good publicity helps too. The General public will learn, OC weapons in the hands of the common citizen are no more scary than those in the lands of LE (actually less scary to everyone that abides the law....Carry on.