• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA OC dinner 6PM - Nando's in Old Town Alexandria Nov. 5, 2012

Arma1911

Hello all!

Fellow OCer Geoffry Griffith posted a great story of a manager who stood up to some Anti's in his restaurant. Look at "Nandos Chicken great OC story" thread for details.

To show our approval and support some of us would like to arrange an OC dinner at his restaurant this Monday at 6pm (For anyone who can't make it at 6pm (traffic/work/etc.) come when you can. We plan on staying for awhile and ALL ARE WELCOME!).

Please respond to this thread if you plan on attending so table reservations can be made if needed.

Nando's - Old Town Alexandria - 702 King Street.

Confirmed:

Arma1911 + 1
Tess + 2
Citizen
Vtloki
Geoffrey Griffith + 1
Wolverine + 1
SAvage410 + 1

Total (so far) = 13

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
It is hard to get to Old Town for 6PM unless you live near there. I'm game whatever time.

Geoffrey Griffith

It is hard to get to Old Town for 6PM unless you live near there. I'm game whatever time.

Im sure we will be there for a good while so join as soon as you can make it. For those want to save a few $$$ on parking or at least not look forever for a spot. There is plenty available just 3 blocks away in my lot after 5.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...&qpvt=400+N+Washington+Street+22314&FORM=MIRE

Check the Birds eye view to see how to get to the entrance on Columbus street. For those who want to call or text me directly its 240-299-9279. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Arma1911

For those who cannot make it until 7 that's fine. The more the merrier! I myself may only be able to get there 6:30-7 due to work/traffic. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Arma1911 + 1
Tess + 2
Citizen
Vtloki
Geoffry Griffith

Total (so far) = 8

Arma1911

Wolverine, it will be great to see you there.

Arma 1911 + 1
Tess +2
Citizen
Vtloki
Geoffrey Griffith
Wolverine

Total (so far) = 9

Geoffrey Griffith, since you are local to this restaurant do you want to see about reserving a couple of tables for the meetup? It looks like we are going to have good turnout! Thanks

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Helpful Tip: Move the running count update to the OP/first post. Then just edit it as things change. Anybody who wants to check in to see if it is still on, whether the time changed, or how many people are coming can just check the OP instead of looking through the whole thread.

(Tip offered with full recognition of the OPers initiative in organizing things. Well done, sir.)

Last edited:

Arma1911

Citizen, excellent suggestion. Thanks. Anybody think we should change the official time to 7pm? Would this attract more people to attend?

Geoffrey Griffith

Wolverine, it will be great to see you there.

Arma 1911 + 1
Tess +2
Citizen
Vtloki
Geoffrey Griffith
Wolverine

Total (so far) = 9

Geoffrey Griffith, since you are local to this restaurant do you want to see about reserving a couple of tables for the meetup? It looks like we are going to have good turnout! Thanks

Already done. They do not reserve tables but Mike(the manager) said he will make sure around 6 he refrains from seating at least 1 large table and some adjacent to it. I have 11 as the count.( I have a plus 1) and maybe we have some come on board tonight and tomorrow. The more the merrier.

Geoffrey Griffith

Already done. They do not reserve tables but Mike(the manager) said he will make sure around 6 he refrains from seating at least 1 large table and some adjacent to it. I have 11 as the count.( I have a plus 1) and maybe we have some come on board tonight and tomorrow. The more the merrier.

Also as to the official time. I say people come as they wish and do not feel pressure. I have no plans to leave early and if we stagger that may be a good thing. 6-7 as a loose show as you can is fine. The table will be upstairs and I doubt anyone will be hard to spot as we have our second amendment right in common.
Also I have offered in the original thread directions to my parking lot for anyone who wishes. Parking on the streets in old town is free after 7 or a couple blocks away from king street.

Arma1911

Thanks. Should be a good time!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Nice turnout! Unfortunately, Savage410 and his wife were unable to join us, as she couldn't navigate the stairs, and had to stay on the first floor We'll have to keep that in mind for future meetups.

(It could have been an interesting evening ... before everyone showed up, there were four of us at a large table upstairs when a woman walked in and asked the waitstaff if this was "Faith's" party - the Obama party. The staff sent her downstairs, and we didn't see her again. Darn.....)

Attachments

• PeriPeriNov2012.jpg
    PeriPeriNov2012.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 112