• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry while trick-or-treating....probably a good idea.....

hermannr

Gee, nobody comes to our house to TorT (wonder why? there is a family with kids a mile down the road)...we had to eat the candy ourselves.

Voob

Ever since folks started talking (not just on OCDO) about the advisability of going armed while sheparding their little gobblins I have been wondering just what preparations they were taking/had taken to deal with a situation where things suddenly went pear shaped. Had they instructed (let alone trained/practiced) the little herd of cats what to do when Daddy/Mommy pulled out the shooting iron?

I've actually told my wife and kids that if something should ever go down, they should keep their mouths shut and move away from me if possible without drawing attention to themselves. That leaves me free to move and operate without worrying about tripping over them or having a kid say something stupid about me carrying.

Difdi

Dressed up as a cowboy (hat, boots, the works) and wore my Ruger six-shooter on my hip. Not a soul noticed at all while we were trick-or-treating.

Generic cowboy? I had the idea of going as the Lone Ranger. One nickel-plated revolver looks much like another on a dimly-lit street.