• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma OC

usmcmustang

Come next Thursday, Oklahoma will become the 15th state in the nation to allow open carry with a permit requirement. There are 44 states that already allow open-carry in various forms.

http://www.infowars.com/oklahoma-prepares-for-open-carry-gun-laws/

Maybe Obama was right. Let's see, 15 + 44 = 59 states???

TBG

Hmmm.... now OK citizens can OPEN CARRY their firearms IF they have a permit to CONCEAL CARRY. Before this law, they could not OPEN CARRY under any circumstance... with or without a state sanctioned PERMIT. So... anyone else out there having problems wrapping their head around this little diddy? Is it a step forward or a step backward as to the 2A?

And the "math" here is interesting. The 15 MUST be included in the 44... of the 44 that "allow open-carry in various forms," 15 of those "allow open carry with a permit..."

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It started today, not next Thursday.

And yes, the 15 is part of the 44.

IOW: Of the 44 states that allow open carry, 15 of them still require a permit.

Overall, a bit of a freedom was restored, so a move in the right direction was made. It wasn't that long ago that AZ started this process, and it led to Constitutional Carry.

The Big Guy

It started today, not next Thursday.

And yes, the 15 is part of the 44.

IOW: Of the 44 states that allow open carry, 15 of them still require a permit.

Overall, a bit of a freedom was restored, so a move in the right direction was made. It wasn't that long ago that AZ started this process, and it led to Constitutional Carry.

I'm sure that is correct, but, it clearly says "There are 44 states that already allow open-carry in various forms."

TBG

The Big Guy

Hmmm.... now OK citizens can OPEN CARRY their firearms IF they have a permit to CONCEAL CARRY. Before this law, they could not OPEN CARRY under any circumstance... with or without a state sanctioned PERMIT. So... anyone else out there having problems wrapping their head around this little diddy? Is it a step forward or a step backward as to the 2A?

And the "math" here is interesting. The 15 MUST be included in the 44... of the 44 that "allow open-carry in various forms," 15 of those "allow open carry with a permit..."

Waaay back when, when I lived in IA, we had permits to OC. There was no such thing as a permit to CC except for law enforcement I think. They had to issue to people of good character as i recall. (How the hell did I get one?) You had to take a class and qualify on the range and get your finger prints taken. The catch was the Sheriff could list the reason for carry, and self defense was not an option. They only issued them for hunting and target shooting. So I could carry on the way to and from the range or hunting. Of course it was against conservation laws to carry a handgun while hunting most species.

TBG

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
So now it is 16 out of 45, right?

All I know is it's another step in the right direction! And maybe it will help nearby Texas to start on the path back as well.