• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA2373

I've come to a few meetings at the Starbucks in Federal Way. Been browsing the site here for several months. Seems like one needs to have thick skin to post something on this forum. I find that rather interesting because all of the people I've met at the OC meet-ups have been real nice.

So, on Tuesday night at the new indoor shooting range in Federal Way there was an impromptu shooting competition. Moe said the prize would be a box of ammo. Eight people signed up, seven of which were store employees and myself. I came home last night with a free box of .45acp amo.

Catherine

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
It's easier for us to be buttheads in cyberspace. Face to face we become total wimps. Anyway welcome, and have a bit of thick skin since we can be a little opinionated. Here is a suit for you:

Attachments

• firemanoutfit.jpg
    firemanoutfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 122

1245A Defender

Well,,,

It was a pleasure to meet you and chat you up at the starbucks,,
and all of us shopping over at the sportsman!
I havent spent that much time talking with a pretty girl in a while,, it was great!
Hope to shoot with you someday. I could use some pointers. Congrats on your winning!
Its funny, Ive read for years that woman, new to shooting are notoriously good at it!
Of coarse if you say something often enough, it becomes the truth...
Truth is 8 folks were trying to win some ammo.
7 of them were trying to out shoot you.
As Jeff Cooper liked to say,,, there are no second place winners...
They all came in last!!!
Proud of you...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I've come to a few meetings at the Starbucks in Federal Way. Been browsing the site here for several months. Seems like one needs to have thick skin to post something on this forum. I find that rather interesting because all of the people I've met at the OC meet-ups have been real nice.

So, on Tuesday night at the new indoor shooting range in Federal Way there was an impromptu shooting competition. Moe said the prize would be a box of ammo. Eight people signed up, seven of which were store employees and myself. I came home last night with a free box of .45acp amo.

Catherine

Welcome to the forum Catherine.

We are not known for holding back and being politically correct. I think though you'll find some of the ruder folks here don't go to many meets, they prefer to hide behind the anonymity of the keyboard.

Speak your mind don't hold back we can handle it. ;)

Freedom1Man

It was a pleasure to meet you and chat you up at the starbucks,,
and all of us shopping over at the sportsman!
I havent spent that much time talking with a pretty girl in a while,, it was great!
Hope to shoot with you someday. I could use some pointers. Congrats on your winning!
Its funny, Ive read for years that woman, new to shooting are notoriously good at it!
Of coarse if you say something often enough, it becomes the truth...
Truth is 8 folks were trying to win some ammo.
7 of them were trying to out shoot you.
As Jeff Cooper liked to say,,, there are no second place winners...
They all came in last!!!
Proud of you...

A friend of mine who use to shoot with the IHSMA told me it was an ego thing.
Men are harder to teach because we seem to believe we know it all. Women are willing to listen and learn.
When he had his XP100 chambered in 30-30AI he would get people asking him questions about that handgun and he would let people fire off a shot or two. He said that the women could normally hit what they were aiming at simply because they were following his instructions.
The men wanted to try firing his .444 Marlin pistol. Most would flinch and miss at the 100 yard target.
He can out group most rifles at 100 yards using his handguns.

----

Welcome aboard Ma'am.

Last edited:

CA2373

morning.. what are thoughts on that new range?

I like it. Women shoot for half price Tuesdays between 5 and 8pm so I'm excited about that.

One thing to remember is to make sure your pants are pulled up when you bend over to pick up your brass so you don't show plumber button on the cctv feed out in the lobby! I get the feeling though that they don't like you recovering your spent brass.

Thor80

I like it. Women shoot for half price Tuesdays between 5 and 8pm so I'm excited about that.

One thing to remember is to make sure your pants are pulled up when you bend over to pick up your brass so you don't show plumber button on the cctv feed out in the lobby! I get the feeling though that they don't like you recovering your spent brass.

I don't care to pay for a range, I like the woods. But the major indoor range here in Spokane has a line drawn on the floor at your shooting station. Any brass downrange of the line is theirs, you can pick up anything on the shooters side of the line. Maybe your indoor range has a similar policy? I'd just keep collecting it untill told otherwise.. :)

-Thor

hermannr

It very easily could be an ego thing...12 year old granddaughter...graduated her to her grandmother's High Standard Trophy, first time with the pistol, or any pistol for that matter, and she shot a 47 (out of 50) first shot was in the 8 ring, second in the 9 ring, the last three were all in the black. @25'

Moved on a bit later to my silouettes (same pistol, different barrel and slide) and she woop me sound...Oh well, what can I say, I've been shooting for almost 60 years, she had been pistol shooting for almost 60 minutes.

She's 14 now, still woops up on me when we shoot up here. (I shoot at my own range here on our property). Then she did the same with a bow and arrow...arg!

Jeff Hayes

When I lived in Kalifornia my daughter was 12 and shot trap and skeet with me quit a bit. One day there was a new member at the club and was not happy to see a "kid" there shooting on the same squad that he was on. After she out shot him three times in a row he went to the range officer and demanded that she not be able to shoot because she was so young. He did not know she had been shooting at the gun club for about 2 years at that point and was well liked. He got asked to leave and not come back. Personally I love to see women shoot, shooting well is even better. I love to see women and kids involved in the shooting sports, I do hate to lose to them but then again I hate to loose to anyone. The more women and kids the better I say. Kick their butt Catherine, it was good meeting you at Jim's a while back.

snubbyfan

Catherine
Good shooting. The others have a point about women shooters. My wife's a very good shot with her revolver. In fact she even shows off with it sometimes.

CA2373

Rubbing it in a little!

So I stopped in at said gun store/shooting range and bought some competition targets and passed them out to the employees that I out shot on Tuesday. Moe and another guy who I handed the targets to were behind the counter helping other customers and had to stop to explain to them why it was that I was handing them a target. So everyone in the store at the time got to hear about how they all lost and started coming up with excuses etc... At any rate I've been asked if I was coming again this next Tuesday night for a rematch. I've said I was coming. Now if I don't win the next competition I'm never going to hear the end of it! So anyone want to come to Federal Way Discount Guns at 5:00pm and join in the competition? I'd rather loose to someone who is NOT an employee of that store! I don't plan on loosing but I only one by one point so it's going to be close.

EMNofSeattle

So I stopped in at said gun store/shooting range and bought some competition targets and passed them out to the employees that I out shot on Tuesday. Moe and another guy who I handed the targets to were behind the counter helping other customers and had to stop to explain to them why it was that I was handing them a target. So everyone in the store at the time got to hear about how they all lost and started coming up with excuses etc... At any rate I've been asked if I was coming again this next Tuesday night for a rematch. I've said I was coming. Now if I don't win the next competition I'm never going to hear the end of it! So anyone want to come to Federal Way Discount Guns at 5:00pm and join in the competition? I'd rather loose to someone who is NOT an employee of that store! I don't plan on loosing but I only one by one point so it's going to be close.

Well good luck. And Welcome to OCDO!

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

What is the price? How many rounds will I need to bring?