• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oldkim

Catherine... Very cool! I hope to hear some good news or at least you gave them a run for their money...

How long have you been shooting?

What kind of competition?

CA2373

Catherine... Very cool! I hope to hear some good news or at least you gave them a run for their money...

How long have you been shooting?

What kind of competition?

Well, I went shooting again today and expected a rematch but sadly no one showed up so. Moe wasn't there so there was no competition. The competition we had last week was an informal impromptu event initiated by Moe (the store manager or owner. I'm not sure which.)

I did quite well tonight shooting. I had 2" groups with my .45 at seven yards or so.

I grew up with guns in the house and learned to shoot at an early age. I haven't shot much until recently and even now it's not that much. Maybe a few times a month. It's too expensive to shoot the .45. I like .22's they are fun and cheap to shoot. I'm not that big on guns. They are nice and all and I have a few but I could live with out them. My hobbies tend to change every couple of years.

oldkim

Very cool. Oh by the way Moe is the owner.

Well if you are a little more adventurist and competitive... Try IDPA and/or FunSteel.

www.shootonthemove.org/funsteel
There's a match this Saturday at Renton Fish and Game (rfgc.org)

And an IDPA match the 3rd Saturday (so that's next Saturday) at Renton Fish and Game Club.

And if you don't feel comfortable jumping in.... I can send you info on how to get started... PM me and I'll give you more info.