Thread: ABC4 experiment shows mixed reaction to guns in public (Video included with article)

ABC4 experiment shows mixed reaction to guns in public (Video included with article)

“When I wake-up in the morning the firearm goes with me when I go home at night my firearm goes with me,” he said. Wellman is part of a national movement of 2nd amendment activists demonstrating their right to carry their weapons in plain view. It's called open carry.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta....cspx?rss=1451
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    I liked the chinese girl's reactions ... just like Obamalama's ... hummm

Re: ABC4 experiment shows mixed reaction to guns in public

The reporter kept incorrectly stating that it was legal to OC an unloaded gun in public.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

How hard would it be to get someone who knows what he is talking about to fact check that article?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    The reporter kept incorrectly stating that it was legal to OC an unloaded gun in public.
    Utah is also not the only state in which is is lawful to carry a firearm on public universities.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Question

FYI - from the Utah state forum page it appears that currently loaded OC is not legal in UTAH?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...e-tunes-OC-law

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    FYI - from the Utah state forum page it appears that currently loaded OC is not legal in UTAH?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...e-tunes-OC-law
    Last I knew unloaded OC in Utah was legal, but loaded OC required a permit.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Last I knew unloaded OC in Utah was legal, but loaded OC required a permit.
    Thanks DF,

Seems bizarre but they probably think the same about MI law?

The asian girl is a victim waiting to happen...

The old guy is just plain annoying and seems to mistake being old with being wise.

The latest reaction that I had to OC was a *very* annoying woman waiting behind me and the family in line at a local store.

She was getting frustrated that the cashier was slow in handling my wife's pile of coupons, and starting to get vocal about it (in the typical "talk" to your friend, but loudly kind of way). When I turned slightly strong-side towards her, her comments got abruptly quieter. I simply made it look like I was seeking a more comfortable position while waiting on the cashier to be able to pay...very casual. My OC pistol that day was my trusty old FM Hi-Power peeking out of my IWB holster.

If she had made me a little more testy, I would have REALLY let her have it...I would have sent the boys to "play" near her in their usual quiet manner.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Most of the problem comes from people that are just freaked out over a gun in the first place. My pastors wife is one of those people. I told her I could kill her just as fast with a Phillips screwdriver as I could my gun. One thinks nothing of the screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Utah is also not the only state in which is is lawful to carry a firearm on public universities.
    Indeed. And I'd bet that you, like me, have CC'd to many.

The difference is that we can't CC in a classroom or dormitory, and we don't have preemption against college gun bans imposing academic sanctions against students for either OCing or CCing to class. Utah does, and they are alone in that.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post
    One thinks nothing of the screwdriver.
    I often carried one in high school for just that reason.
    Last edited by Michigander; 11-02-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    we don't have preemption against college gun bans imposing academic sanctions against students for either OCing or CCing to class. Utah does, and they are alone in that.
    Students with concealed weapons licenses can carry in a classroom in Colorado. They are preempted and that went all the way to the Colorado State Supreme Court. I think Oregon, Mississippi, and Wisconsin have laws allowing this, too.
    Last edited by griffin; 11-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Wheels

The chick at 2:18 is a meth addict. If you're wondering how I spotted her, just pull up a few of the gazillion videos and images of meth addicts. Spot on.

The Asian chick's response wasn't surprising, as she sounds somewhat fresh off the boat with her slight Engrish accent and she's just not used to American freedom yet.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi