• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Message from Sheriff Strachan's Campaign

amlevin

While he might be an exception to the rule. I have found that people who claim to support the 2nd Amendment and do not own guns, don't understand the 2nd Amendment and really don't want people owning guns. While I understand that is not true 100% of the time it's still a rule I have found to work.

Since the context was that of a Sheriff that supports the 2A and doesn't own a firearm of his own, I'll stick to that.

Over he years I'd met and known many officers/troopers who don't own a firearm other than the one issued them by the department. It's another of those "rights" we're guaranteed. The freedom to choose whether to own firearms or not. There are many factors we all here are not privy to. Could be a spouse that doesn't want them around, a family filled with young children and they don't want to have their own weapons around when not at home OR----They just don't want one yet still support the 2A.

We're a society filled with different individuals, with different thoughts. The conflicts usually occur when one group suggests that another group shouldn't be able to exercise one of their rights. If we all want to carry firearms, and are tired of those who would tell us we shouldn't, why criticize someone who chooses not to but also states we have the right to do so if we wish?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I am more interested on the Sheriff's views on the 4th/5th amendments and illegal/legal detentions. Especially considering a deputy seeing a citizen with a holstered handgun anywhere in King County.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am more interested on the Sheriff's views on the 4th/5th amendments and illegal/legal detentions. Especially considering a deputy seeing a citizen with a holstered handgun anywhere in King County.

Then ask a question ... Robin is talking with the Sheriff & may provide a response to specific questions; as stated here, even I have no idea what information you are looking for.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Does the sheriff want to answer any of the questions or address concerns posed? I don't see any response to the ? posed yet. When is he going to answer, Wednesday?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Does the sheriff want to answer any of the questions or address concerns posed? I don't see any response to the ? posed yet. When is he going to answer, Wednesday?

No offense, but I wouldn't look for a response anytime soon. The campaign will be at the height of busy-ness. Even if he's a good guy, you would be expecting him to spend time here trying to win a very few specialized voters. How many propsective constituents does he really have on this forum?

If he was a good guy, I'd actually want him to spend that time on something else that might win even more voters.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No offense, but I wouldn't look for a response anytime soon. The campaign will be at the height of busy-ness. Even if he's a good guy, you would be expecting him to spend time here trying to win a very few specialized voters. How many propsective constituents does he really have on this forum?

If he was a good guy, I'd actually want him to spend that time on something else that might win even more voters.

Thats an idea ... but there has been no response .. so maybe the sheriff does not WANT to answer .. just as likely ... we'll see, its still a few hours away from election day

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
Originally Posted by deanf
You weren't around for the WTO riots? Sheriff Reichert was out there doing it.[/COLOR]
With how many "aides" and "sidekicks"?

With how many "aides" and "sidekicks"?

None.

Dave Reichert was in the County Execs Town Car with Ron Sims surveying the WTO shennanagins and witnessed looters. He exited the vehicle by himself and attempted to chase them down. They got away, he got back in the car. This I know as fact.

I'll add some rumor that the exec was not too pleased, as well as then SPD Chief Norm Stamper and Mayor Paul Schell, they felt such action was below his station as the Sheriff.

Many are of the thought that Reichert showed them up and that the Sheriff's office made Seattle Mayors office and PD look ill prepared to deal with the situation. Seattle tried valiantly to point blame elsewhere and cited a general lack of information and intel. I can tell you as fact, that was not the case. Everything that happened during WTO was known to be a possibility if not an expectation.

Against the counsel of assisting agencies, Seattle opted to play it low key and hope for the best. They did not wish to appear heavy handed and since it was their show, there wasn't much the other agencies could do except wait to be called in to help when everything went to crap. Which, predictably, it did.

Last edited:

911Boss

Last edited:

911Boss

I have first hand experience working under the current KCSO Sheriff, Steve Strachan as well as with his challenger and the three previous KCSO Sheriffs.

I have absolute faith Sheriff Strachan's integrity, honesty, and ability to manage the Sheriffs Dept. and absolutely believe him to be the best and most qualified candidate for the position. From the day he joined the organization he made it clear that employees were to act appropriately and set the expectation of accountability.

The current troubles are not of his making and I believe he is working to resolve the past problems. With an organization of that size and the various laws, policies, and contracts involved there cannot be a quick fix. He has begun to turn things around, but in such an environment, change takes time.

911Boss

... The only thing I can think of that the feds gave to KCSO is a Huey helicopter that never flies that much anymore since they bought a new Bell chopper 2 years ago.

Actually, they have received several surplused helicopters over the years. Some have been flown, others cannibilized for parts.

The Huey and the Bell have totally different applications. The Huey is primarily for search and rescue use and flies when needed for that mission. The Bell is the patrol aircraft and does get more use, since that is the primary mission of the air unit.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thats an idea ... but there has been no response .. so maybe the sheriff does not WANT to answer .. just as likely ... we'll see, its still a few hours away from election day

Well, here we are, on election day. And no answer to questions that the campaign said that they would reply to. If the candidate won't answer questions (busy or not) as a candidate then its always been my viewpoint that the elected official would be even less responsive.

If you want to vote for a guy who will not respond to inquires then that's up to you. I wouldn't.

bmg50cal

davidmcbeth

Banned
And the winner is, BIG GOVERNMENT. Well I knew that answer to that question before the votes were counted.

You mean bigger gov't lol.

Odd, my father & I spoke of the election results and all his opinions mirrored that of the Libertarian party. He's a reg. democrat. But he is caught up in this 2 party system mentality. I'm trying to convert...