Thread: Lewis County Courthouse

Lewis County Courthouse

So if anyone has been to the Lewis County Courthouse they know that there are actually 2 building. 1 is the Law and justice center, there is a security check point right inside the door. The building across the street is and extension of the court house (auditor, licensing, etc) but no security in this portion of the building. At one point years ago there used to be a sky bridge between the two.

So to the point, I will be dropping off my Fiance and I's voters ballot and I am curious as to weather I am able to OC inside. Now I understand this is a state building with state offices inside but there is no one to check my firearm in with.

Do any of you folks have some insight on this?

-PJ
    -PJ

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post
    So if anyone has been to the Lewis County Courthouse they know that there are actually 2 building. 1 is the Law and justice center, there is a security check point right inside the door. The building across the street is and extension of the court house (auditor, licensing, etc) but no security in this portion of the building. At one point years ago there used to be a sky bridge between the two.

So to the point, I will be dropping off my Fiance and I's voters ballot and I am curious as to weather I am able to OC inside. Now I understand this is a state building with state offices inside but there is no one to check my firearm in with.

-PJ
    RCW 9.41.300
    Weapons prohibited in certain places -- Local laws and ordinances -- Exceptions -- Penalty.

(b) Those areas in any building which are used in connection with court proceedings, including courtrooms, jury rooms, judge's chambers, offices and areas used to conduct court business, waiting areas, and corridors adjacent to areas used in connection with court proceedings. The restricted areas do not include common areas of ingress and egress to the building that is used in connection with court proceedings, when it is possible to protect court areas without restricting ingress and egress to the building. The restricted areas shall be the minimum necessary to fulfill the objective of this subsection (1)(b).

For purposes of this subsection (1)(b), "weapon" means any firearm, explosive as defined in RCW 70.74.010, or any weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or any knife, dagger, dirk, or other similar weapon that is capable of causing death or bodily injury and is commonly used with the intent to cause death or bodily injury.

In addition, the local legislative authority shall provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or shall designate an official to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building. The locked box or designated official shall be located within the same building used in connection with court proceedings. The local legislative authority shall be liable for any negligence causing damage to or loss of a weapon either placed in a locked box or left with an official during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building.

The local judicial authority shall designate and clearly mark those areas where weapons are prohibited, and shall post notices at each entrance to the building of the prohibition against weapons in the restricted areas;
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Cool just what I was looking for but for some reason I couldn't it.
    Last edited by Munkey Butt; 11-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    -PJ

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post

-PJ
    I did not know State Offices were kept in County Buildings, interesting.

If there is a security check point then it should be do to being in conjunction with the courts, if it is court related then check your firearm and I take the other building you speak of is a County Building and Offices with out the Courts and No Security being legal to carry.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.