Thread: New Dog in Alabama

New Dog in Alabama

For those of you who might have felt like you weren't wanted in the old Alabama site you might find some old friends on the new one. http://www.facebook.com/groups/27361...3611039414598/ Or BamaCarry.org and Face book page BamaCarry Just thought you might like to know.

Banned

New Dog in Alabama

I tried to join, but haven't gotten the confirmation email yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

EYE95 our IT Department is working through a couple of issues with the email notifications...Try logging in anyway...Some accounts are being added manually...

I want you to notice one word in the above sentence...I think you will like it....

"OUR"...

Banned
    *sniff* My account says it is "inactive." I feel so unwanted. *sniff*

Kidding aside. I will be patient. As I will only be a visitor to Alabama now and am just looking to keep in touch with some old friends with whom a certain megalomaniac kept me out of touch, I won't be posting much, but I'd still like to be a member if you can make that happen.

So, I take it that the two of you are no longer members there? It looks like some kind of coup is going over there, but who knows, I can't keep up with all the drama-lama nor care to.

ETA: Is there an alternative to the bookface place, I don't do bf (not available at work).
    Last edited by FTG-05; 11-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Banned
    The site is up and going gangbusters. It is good to see all the old faces there--well almost all of them.

The current staff is going to great lengths to establish the site as true grassroots. Kudos to them for that.

If you want to belong to an organization that promotes OC and has a message board, bamacarry.org/phpbb/ is for you.

If you want to belong to a message board that owned by "a man with a website," but is not an organization, even if it appears to be, then ALOC is your place.

Me? I belong to bamacarry.org!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    So, I take it that the two of you are no longer members there? It looks like some kind of coup is going over there, but who knows, I can't keep up with all the drama-lama nor care to.

ETA: Is there an alternative to the bookface place, I don't do bf (not available at work).
    I don't do that place either. Yes, there is an alternative: bamacarry.org/phpbb/.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    So, I take it that the two of you are no longer members there?
    Where? I'm a member here, and a member on BamaCarry.org (under a different user name).
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The site is up and going gangbusters. It is good to see all the old faces there--well almost all of them.

The current staff is going to great lengths to establish the site as true grassroots. Kudos to them for that.

If you want to belong to an organization that promotes OC and has a message board, bamacarry.org/phpbb/ is for you.

If you want to belong to a message board that owned by "a man with a website," but is not an organization, even if it appears to be, then ALOC is your place.

Me? I belong to bamacarry.org!
    I don't know which is keeping him busier lately, but I'm pretty sure it's a race between locking threads and banning members.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone Baritone View Post
    Where? I'm a member here, and a member on BamaCarry.org (under a different user name).
    I was referring to Eddie and Treb. Due to all the locked threads, I haven't been able to keep up with who's in and who's out at ALOC. Lot of strife there and *it appears to me* to be self-inflicted, looking on from the outside looking in.

Thanks to both of you for the link to the non-ALOC/FB bamacarry.org site, not sure why a google search last week didn't uncover it.

Thanks,
    Last edited by FTG-05; 11-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    *sniff* My account says it is "inactive." I feel so unwanted. *sniff*

Kidding aside. I will be patient. As I will only be a visitor to Alabama now and am just looking to keep in touch with some old friends with whom a certain megalomaniac kept me out of touch, I won't be posting much, but I'd still like to be a member if you can make that happen.
    Maybe they just don't like you------ Just kidding, I just signed up tpday and it took all of 30 sec. and my account has been confirmed. GOOD LUCK.