• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think there was a rape.

EMNofSeattle

With all the LEOs being laid off across the country as property tax revenues and sales tax revenues of the municipalities go down, I doubt the LEOs would respond to the call.

Home invasion with possible sexual assault is a high priority call. by the time the lady on the phone is asking you questions there should already be officers on the way. I really doubt it took the cops 20 minutes to get there too. Where I live a home invasion call is like a red alert scramble, officers will be there in minutes. (spare the seconds count argument, I know that already, that's not the point) Also while I am in the unincorporated south Kitsap county and there's only 4 deputies in the south kitsap region, Police Officers from the much better staffed city of Port Orchard Police Department will respond to out of city calls if there is no deputies close enough to arrive there first. POPD and Kitsap Sheriff work very closely together in the south part of the county. but the point of this is, in most suburban areas a call like that should be much less then 20 minutes. It can seem like a long time when someone is getting assaulted, and maybe Eye95 lives in a very remote rural area. but even in understaffed areas like where I live, a home invasion call should take much less then 20 minutes. years ago my best friend and his mother came home early from a vacation, my friends dad was very ill and stuck in bed and he heard steps in the house and thought it was a burglar and he called the sheriff from the room extension... three deputies and a sergeant were there in 3 minutes and another deputy and a POPD officer were 30 seconds behind them.

So with what I know about police responses. I'm certain that unless this is in a a very rural area with many long roads that police response was not really that long.

*I've looked up the demographics and staffing levels of Fairborn Ohio and Greene County and compared to Kitsap County, relatively similar, I don't think it really took cops 20 minutes to show. I'm sure eye95 felt that way, but unless he had a stop watch, i think it was a time effect on him thinking someone was in danger. if it really was 20 minutes then Fairborn/Greene County needs to improve their response time.

Last edited:

Deanimator

Pray tell where in the Bible with all the other moral obligations does it say one is obligated to interrupt other peoples' weird sex games?
A couple of Milwaukee cops took the same attitude when they found a naked Hmong boy wandering in the street in a daze, bleeding from the rectum... so they gave him back to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Shoobee

Home invasion with possible sexual assault is a high priority call. by the time the lady on the phone is asking you questions there should already be officers on the way. I really doubt it took the cops 20 minutes to get there too. Where I live a home invasion call is like a red alert scramble, officers will be there in minutes. (spare the seconds count argument, I know that already, that's not the point) Also while I am in the unincorporated south Kitsap county and there's only 4 deputies in the south kitsap region, Police Officers from the much better staffed city of Port Orchard Police Department will respond to out of city calls if there is no deputies close enough to arrive there first. POPD and Kitsap Sheriff work very closely together in the south part of the county. but the point of this is, in most suburban areas a call like that should be much less then 20 minutes. It can seem like a long time when someone is getting assaulted, and maybe Eye95 lives in a very remote rural area. but even in understaffed areas like where I live, a home invasion call should take much less then 20 minutes. years ago my best friend and his mother came home early from a vacation, my friends dad was very ill and stuck in bed and he heard steps in the house and thought it was a burglar and he called the sheriff from the room extension... three deputies and a sergeant were there in 3 minutes and another deputy and a POPD officer were 30 seconds behind them.

So with what I know about police responses. I'm certain that unless this is in a a very rural area with many long roads that police response was not really that long.

*I've looked up the demographics and staffing levels of Fairborn Ohio and Greene County and compared to Kitsap County, relatively similar, I don't think it really took cops 20 minutes to show. I'm sure eye95 felt that way, but unless he had a stop watch, i think it was a time effect on him thinking someone was in danger. if it really was 20 minutes then Fairborn/Greene County needs to improve their response time.

It clearly did not sound clearly like a clear sexual assault.

It sounds more like a frisky couple having kinky weird fun.

Shoobee

A couple of Milwaukee cops took the same attitude when they found a naked Hmong boy wandering in the street in a daze, bleeding from the rectum... so they gave him back to Jeffrey Dahmer.

I suppose the LEOs just wanted him off the street in his current state of undress and so they thought they were doing him a favor.

LGBT crimes are nobody's forte.

Dahmer clearly was not thinking ahead to his prison career later on though. But then he was having to feed his habit, no pun intended.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Nothing in the Bible though about weird sex games.
Ergo no moral obligations on his part.
Wow... how arrogant.
There are other belief systems, not based on your religion.
And then there's just plain old human kindness, which is in short supply in some places.
One need not be religious of any sort to feel a moral obligation, to be kind, or to be a good person.

papa bear

MKE , this will probably make you mad, but here goes

if a woman does not complain of a rape then no rape happened. period

if a woman lets a man abuse her and she sticks with and up for him, then she earns what ever happens to her

I95, if what you wrote is true, then you did everything you could have done. you are under no obligation to think other wise

EMNofSeattle

Another thing to think about ...

... if you have to think about whether there was a rape or not then there probably was not a rape.

Here is a story about a rape ... NYC too ... very famous ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Wait so you criticized eye95 for getting involved and then turn around and post a story in which someone was killed becuase no one got involved?

eye95

You completely missed my point, I said what you did was the best course of action, I was stating you couldn't have done more without actually entering the unit and that's a bad idea for many reasons.

please read what I post in context.

I was responding to the quote, not to your post. Normally I don't read his tripe. Unfortunately, once you quoted him it came into my field of view, so I responded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Shoobee

Wait so you criticized eye95 for getting involved and then turn around and post a story in which someone was killed becuase no one got involved?

I don't think I95 is ready for Ohio and I don't think Ohio is ready for I95.

You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

He obviously does not know anything about city women and their weird sex games.

EMNofSeattle

I was responding to the quote, not to your post. Normally I don't read his tripe. Unfortunately, once you quoted him it came into my field of view, so I responded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Well after reading post number 30 from shoobee, I agree with you

Shoobee.... *CLICK* Ignore

PistolPackingMomma

MKE , this will probably make you mad, but here goes

if a woman does not complain of a rape then no rape happened. period

So "not complaining" means she consents, and it wasn't rape, even if she was forced against her will?

if a woman lets a man abuse her and she sticks with and up for him, then she earns what ever happens to her

And if she's just trying to minimize future damage, does she still deserve it? You clearly do not understand psychological abuse.

I95, if what you wrote is true, then you did everything you could have done. you are under no obligation to think other wise

Not every action is made because of a sense of obligation.

Deanimator

I suppose the LEOs just wanted him off the street in his current state of undress and so they thought they were doing him a favor.
Certainly anything reminiscent of an "investigation" might have delayed that.

Besides, what's one dead (and possibly eaten) Asian kid, more or less.

LGBT crimes are nobody's forte.
Apparently not murder either...

jegoodin

Pray tell where in the Bible with all the other moral obligations does it say one is obligated to interrupt other peoples' weird sex games?

I would like to see book, chapter, and verse.

It's definitely not one of the 10 commandments.

It's not anywhere else in Leviticus or Deuteronomy either.

And Jesus did not mention it in the sermon on the mount or in any of this other parables like the good Samaritan.

Not all "moral obligations" originate in the bible. Perhaps yours do. Mine don't. And who knows about the OP's.

Shoobee

Not all "moral obligations" originate in the bible. Perhaps yours do. Mine don't. And who knows about the OP's.

The OP is from Alabama in the Bible Belt and the only source of anything that he knows is the Bible or the RNC.

He would not know Plato from Aristotle.

Deanimator

Wow... how arrogant.
Not "arrogant" so much as just suffering from a shortage of character and a surplus of free time.
There are other belief systems, not based on your religion.
Trolls don't have "belief systems", just other people's "buttons" to push.

When you come to realize that Shoobee is really just the moral and intellectual equivalent of Fred Phelps, you no longer have buttons he can push.

Shoobee

Yeah, and some of them even want an education.

They know how to deal with that kind of thing in Pakistan, DON'T they?

How did we get on Pakistan?

I can tell you about muslim women, I spent some time in Arabia.

But that is off topic.

Muslim women play weird bedroom games too.

There are things they will do, and there are things they wont do.

And many of these things are mentioned in the Bible as well as the Quran.

Last edited:

Shoobee

Not "arrogant" so much as just suffering from a shortage of character and a surplus of free time.

Trolls don't have "belief systems", just other people's "buttons" to push.

When you come to realize that Shoobee is really just the moral and intellectual equivalent of Fred Phelps, you no longer have buttons he can push.

Deanimator I love you man and I can't wait to find out how Ohio votes on Tuesday.

It may take awhile if there are recounts.

Good luck and make sure you vote too.

Although I disagree with you about how worthless Romney is and how great Obama has been, I still respect your right to vote.

The ancient Athenians invented democracy because it is the only civil way to resolve political issues without mobs battles and wars.

And the Founding Freemasons agreed with them and instilled it in our federal Constitution as well.

Last edited: