• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm taking my new 'liberal' friend shooting tomorrow

GreatWhiteLlama

My original plan was to take him to Sam's in Everett but they seem to have closed. My backup plan is to take him to an outdoor 'gravel pit' type of place. The problem is that I haven't been to one in years and I don't know of any that would make for a good experience for a first time shooter.

I know WAGuns has a map of locations, but do any of you have any recommendations?

skeith5

I don't know of any gravel pits but I really like Norpoint in Arlington. Today they are having an IDPA meet at 5pm which is pretty fun to watch. If you are interested in coming up to that send me a PM. I'll be there, probably running one of the stages.

Scott

Freedom1Man

Make him hold the targets first :) Then it will be your turn...

david we were thinking along the same lines....

Shooting liberals is not friendly at all.

I do remember one guy wanted to go shooting with my friend and I while we were in the army. I told him sure but he would have to hold the targets for us.
He declined.

GreatWhiteLlama

And where is the new liberal friend taking you for your new experaince?

I can't imagine there would be too many places I'd want to go :p

Thanks for the responses guys. He's bringing his brother who just bought a shotgun. Between that, the two pistols and my rifle, it should be a lot of fun for everyone. I'll probably start the trip off at Walmart for targets and whatnot and then head out. My wife will be at his wife's baby shower for at least four hours. That should be more than enough time to destroy things with our boom sticks. :)

This will be the first time I get to bring one of 'them' to 'our' side. Wish me luck! :D

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder how the day went ... did the liberal faint at the sight of the guns ?

Hopefully the liberal had fun and a conversion was made.

GreatWhiteLlama

I wonder how the day went ... did the liberal faint at the sight of the guns ?

Hopefully the liberal had fun and a conversion was made.

Sadly no, we had to reschedule. Apparently he and his brother decided to disassemble and lubricate the shotgun. After they got it put back together again, the gun wouldn't properly cycle. I offered to take a look at it or simply go shooting minus the shotgun, but they were frustrated and worried that they broke something and by then, it ended up getting a little too late.

How two grown men could not figure out how to properly reassemble a pump action shotgun, I'll never know...

Noobs :p

Oh well, I'm still excited to check out the Duvall Honey Hole. We're going to try again a couple weekends from now.

Metalhead47

Why are you surprised, seeing as how they can't even figure out how to NOT be liberal in the first place. :p

Naw, I'll give em that much. First time I took my mossberg apart it had me scratching my head for a while too. It's no cz82 :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

Sure, you gonna buy me one?? ;)

Naw, I like my mossy, just had to learn how it works. Even cut it down myself. It's my one concession to the "tacticool" trend lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The price difference was minimal when I was looking for a shotgun.

I paid 340 each for mine and one has a camouflage goose barrel.

Freedom1Man

Heh, I paid under $200 from the used rack at the local gun shop :p. Had a 24" vent rib barrel I cut down to 19 or 20, looks real unique

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 340 price I paid was brand new in the box. I saw one used/abused priced at 360 or 400 for the same make and model as my first one at the Gun show in Monroe. I asked the guy if the price was meant as a joke he said "no." I told him how much I has just paid for one brand new. He didn't seem to believe me. Oh well I hope no was was dumb enough to pay him anywhere near asking price.

noittinen

If I remember right, a couple months ago we were going to have a meet at that spot. But the people that headed out that way mentioned a closed gate. If that's a no go, I've gone up on Green Mt out past Granite Falls.

DO NOT GO TO GREEN MOUNTAIN TO SHOOT. I was arrested here for trespassing while shooting a few years ago. The only areas that are not private property on green mountain are National Forest land where shooting is prohibited. I found this out the hard way.