Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of Guns & Ammo if Obama wins...

Price of Guns & Ammo if Obama wins...

Do you think the price of guns and ammunition is going to skyrocket next week if Obama gets re-elected (much like it did in 2008)? I was thinking that if Obama wins, I might go online and order a few thousand rounds of ammo before prices go up. Does that sound like a good idea or am I over reacting?

I don't think you can have too much ammunition.

I need to pick up a few bulk boxes of 22LR myself.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

My dad and I just went together and ordered some from Freedom Munitions-1000 rounds of 9mm for him, and 1000 mixed of 38 special and 357 magnum for me. I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews are good and I thought it would be worth trying for the price.

I do think that ammo shortages and resultant price increases are likely if Obama does win next week.

The local Wal-Mart has been out of 22LR bulk packs for about a month now-I'm going to stop by today and hope that they have it back in. I am down to about 100 rounds in my last box, and will probably try to pick up 2-3 more as soon as they get it back in stock. I refuse to pay $6-7 for a 100 rounds of 22LR when the same grade of ammo is $20 for 550.

On the flip side, does anyone see any change for the good if he does not get re-elected?

How much do you think the price of ARs and AKs would go up? I'd imagine they would increase in value if he won after he made that comment about the assault weapons ban in the debate last month.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    Do you think the price of guns and ammunition is going to skyrocket next week if Obama gets re-elected (much like it did in 2008)? I was thinking that if Obama wins, I might go online and order a few thousand rounds of ammo before prices go up. Does that sound like a good idea or am I over reacting?

That exact scenario is WHY prices go up...

The price is going to go up no matter what. You don't see em going down ever. Politics has nothing to do with it. Just an excuse to raise prices more.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 11-04-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    You can't eat ammo or guns, so if you need a specific gun or more ammo then you should get it regardless of what all the other gun owning reactionaries will do to drive up the price of guns and ammo.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/politi...ing/index.html

Based on CNN's research, the gun buying spree has been buy present owners not new owners. So that's what you are up against.

And since you can't eat guns or ammo, you should be saving cash in the bank and bug-out supplies in your home in case you need either one.
    Actually you are false again, not surprising. Guns and ammo were vital during the depression for people to eat, people lost homes and farms but they kept at least one gun to hunt for food. And the weapons will be needed to keep the food that you have if there is a event.

Or you can do like the rest of the progressives and beg FEMA for handouts.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    The price is going to go up no matter what. You don't see em going down ever.
    Actually yes I can if the regulations are removed. I remember the day when you could buy a gun at a grocery or hardware store. My first rifle was purchased from Woolworths. I bought my first 1911 from a old veteran that lived down the street, he had a box full of them from WW2. Soldiers should be allowed to bring home captured weapons if they get the tax stamps for autos. More legally owned guns would make a safer America, and would arm more low income people.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Cash in the bank.....too funny, after 'if' hits the fan. Do not misunderstand, as things stand today and for the foreseeable future a bank is exactly where your money needs to be.....until you realize you can't get to your money because it is in a bank.

A ranch rifle, good wheel gun, and a diesel pick-up truck. That is the baseline starting point for after 'if' hits the fan.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Yup exactly. I am hoping this will only affect 5.56 and 7.62 military ammo though.

And not 45ACP or .300RUM.
    You hope ammo other people use go up in price and the ammo you use is not effected?

You are a terrible human being.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    You hope ammo other people use go up in price and the ammo you use is not effected?

You are a terrible human being.
    A progressive, they speak of hope and change, but they generally are selfish people.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I don't have any assault guns -- which shoot 5.56 or 7.62 so it does not affect me.

I hunt with 300RUM and I defends my castle with 45ACP and 12 gauge. Nobody is gobbling up 300 RUM or 45ACP or 12 gauge. The gun fanatics are more into the 5.56 or the 7.62.

Has nothing to do with me. It's driven by the gun fanatics -- those who are addicted to buying guns that they do not need in numbers beyond all human abilities to do anything practical with.

So leave me out of it bozo.
    It doesn't effect me so I don't care?
    THAT is your attitude?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Yes, the economy is slowly fixing itself.

Affordable health care has been ushered in and this should take care of the uninsured problem in America.

Tax cuts for the middle class have a chance of being passed.

Tax cuts for the rich will finally end, and the rich will start to pay their fair share again, unlike during the past 12 years.

Tax benefits that allow big corporations to ship jobs overseas will have a chance of being repealed and this will increase jobs in America.

Iraq is over and Afghanistan will soon be over too. Romney wanted to stay longer if not indefinitely in both places.

There will be less waste on military spending as 2 wars end and our heroes are brought back home.

Four more years under Pres Obama look extremely bright, indeed.

A slow recovery, but neither Mitt nor the Pres can speed it up anyway.

The only trick in Romney's book is more tax cuts for the rich. That's why the rich are volunteering to pass out the koolaid to the poor and middle class now and to all the independents so the rich can get more tax cuts for themselves, just like during the Reagan party days.
    Not in your lifetime.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

This insanity does not affect me, correct.

I do not hoard or trade in assault rifles -- AK-47's and AR-15's.

Go ahead if you want to. But you would be a lot better off as a minimalist with the maximum money you can save in the bank.

Go ahead and quote me on that yes.
    And how would you get that money if the banks are shut down? Just what do you think you are going to buy with worthless paper if the SHTF? Ammo will be worth more than gold or silver in a complete shutdown, paper money will be worthless. Ammo can actually be traded for goods, even now. I have traded items in the past for reloading supplies, I have in the past traded loaded shot shells for wheel weights from the junk yard.

If you do not have something to trade if the government shuts down, and it is mob rule, you will starve, unless you can eat paper money.

Maybe Super Obama will come to your rescue.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 11-05-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    And how would you get that money if the banks are shut down? Just what do you think you are going to buy with worthless paper if the SHTF? Ammo will be worth more than gold or silver in a complete shutdown, paper money will be worthless. Ammo can actually be traded for goods, even now. I have traded items in the past for reloading supplies, I have in the past traded loaded shot shells for wheel weights from the junk yard.

If you do not have something to trade if the government shuts down, and it is mob rule, you will starve, unless you can eat paper money.

Maybe Super Obama will come to your rescue.
    I was wondering what the pre-Newtown prices were, forgot there was a hullaballoo before the election. I did, however, buy right after the election and before Lanza ruined it for us all. Reading the quoted passages from Shoobee, I'm guessing he got booted too, but he has his head so far up his rear end and loving Obama so much... couldn't help but laugh, I wonder if he still feels the same, 5 months later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast