• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOX 23 news - Oklahoma's open carry era begins

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Bixby-Dontaye-Carter-Open-Carry/Jg4iI2Ape0mOiSdkEclAQg.cspx

SNIP

. . . we found a few that on the web site opencarry.org that carried their weapons openly Thursday and shared their experience.

Gary S. from broken arrow said:

"Just open carried to QuickTrip, nothing happened, had some double takes but that's all. The SWAT team didn't even show."

OkieBryan said

"I stopped at Belle Isle Walmart on my way home from Beverly's. Nobody even noticed."

Konshak said with time maybe we will see more people carrying openly.

"Maybe once it becomes more a common place to see open carry you might see more, sure you might see an increase in open carry," he said.

MKEgal

This makes no sense:
"Maybe once it becomes more commonplace to see open carry you might see more"
(edited for clarity)
When more people do it, then more people will do it & you'll see it more. :confused:

If you are concerned about someone carrying openly you can call police and they will come and check it out.
:banghead: :cuss:
How about pointing out the obvious - criminals don't carry openly because they don't want any attention they can possibly avoid? (Or, gee, doing a little research to support your article, & finding out that the other states with OC don't have problems with the LACs. Sheep, yes, anti-rights LEO, yes.)

hermannr

This makes no sense:

(edited for clarity)
When more people do it, then more people will do it & you'll see it more. :confused:

:banghead: :cuss:
How about pointing out the obvious - criminals don't carry openly because they don't want any attention they can possibly avoid? (Or, gee, doing a little research to support your article, & finding out that the other states with OC don't have problems with the LACs. Sheep, yes, anti-rights LEO, yes.)

I had a nice little email discussion with the writer...I think he was trying his best to do it right. The last line ("if you are concerned...etc) was specifically requested by the LEO he rode with so don't be to upset with him..al in , nice guy, ready to listen.

Superlite27

"If you are concerned about someone carrying openly, you can call police and they will come and check it out."

...But won't they be openly carrying when they do?

If someone calls the police to check you out, you can call police and have them come and check out the open carriers that are openly carrying while checking out an open carrier. Then, you can call the police to check out the open carriers that showed up to check out the open carriers that showed up to check out the open carrier!

Then, when those open carriers show up while open carrying.....