Thread: CPL expired yesterday

CPL expired yesterday

Hi all
    My CPL expired yesterday on the 2nd, I put in for the renewal on 8/17 it has not come yet. I have heard on opinion that I can still carry but must carry the renewal receipt with me as well as my expired CPL. Anyone know for sure if that is true?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Last edited by detroit_fan; 11-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Re: CPL expired yesterday

Just don't trust me, eh? lol

Notice that they are to issue the receipt at the time the application is submitted... we have already discussed the problem in Kent County. The fact that they want you to go down when it doesn't come in time and get a "different" receipt violates the law.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Just don't trust me, eh? lol

Notice that they are to issue the receipt at the time the application is submitted... we have already discussed the problem in Kent County. The fact that they want you to go down when it doesn't come in time and get a "different" receipt violates the law.
    I trust you, You yourself told me to ask for others opinions! btw answer your texts!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Re: CPL expired yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I trust you, You yourself told me to ask for others opinions! btw answer your texts!
    You didn't ask me any questions; just a command to look out for .22TCM. Good luck with that!

Happy Birthday btw. Too bad about the CPL. I'm sure it will be a few more months until you get it... just like mine was when I renewed. I sure wish Kent County would get their $#&+ together.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.