• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL expired yesterday

Raggs

Hi all
My CPL expired yesterday on the 2nd, I put in for the renewal on 8/17 it has not come yet. I have heard on opinion that I can still carry but must carry the renewal receipt with me as well as my expired CPL. Anyone know for sure if that is true?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Just don't trust me, eh? lol

Notice that they are to issue the receipt at the time the application is submitted... we have already discussed the problem in Kent County. The fact that they want you to go down when it doesn't come in time and get a "different" receipt violates the law.

Raggs

Just don't trust me, eh? lol

Notice that they are to issue the receipt at the time the application is submitted... we have already discussed the problem in Kent County. The fact that they want you to go down when it doesn't come in time and get a "different" receipt violates the law.

I trust you, You yourself told me to ask for others opinions! btw answer your texts!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I trust you, You yourself told me to ask for others opinions! btw answer your texts!

You didn't ask me any questions; just a command to look out for .22TCM. Good luck with that! ;)

Happy Birthday btw. Too bad about the CPL. I'm sure it will be a few more months until you get it... just like mine was when I renewed. I sure wish Kent County would get their $#&+ together.