Emporia is unloaded open carry. (which is against state law) (the county should be OC) click on the link below and go to city ordinances then to article XI crimes against the public safety division 2 weapons sec 16-276
Sec. 16-276. Unlawful Use Of Weapons:
(a)Unlawful use of weapons is knowingly:
(1) Selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing or carrying any bludgeon, nunchaku, sandclub, metal knuckles or any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or any knife having a blade that opens or falls or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement; except this subsection shall not prohibit any ordinary pocketknife which has a spring, detent or other device which creates a bias towards closure of the blade and which requires hand pressure applied to such spring, detent or device through the blade of the knife to overcome the bias towards closure to assist in the opening of the knife;
(2) Carrying concealed on one's person, or possessing with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, billy, blackjack, slingshot, dangerous knife, straight edged razor, stiletto or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character, except that an ordinary pocketknife with no blade more than four inches (4") in length shall not be construed to be a dangerous knife, or a dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument;
(3) Carrying on one's person or in any land, water or air vehicle, with intent to use the same unlawfully, a tear gas or smoke bomb or projector or any object containing a noxious liquid, gas or substance;
(4) Carrying any pistol, revolver or other firearm concealed on the person, or a loaded pistol, revolver or other firearm unconcealed on the person, except when on his land or in his abode or fixed place of business;
(5) Setting a spring gun;
(6) Possessing any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the report of any firearm.
(b)Subsections (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), and (a)(4) of this section shall not apply to or affect any of the following:
(1) Law enforcement officers, or any person summoned by any such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;
(2) Wardens, superintendents, directors, security personnel and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime, while acting within the scope of their authority;
(3) Members of the armed services or reserve forces of the United States or the Kansas national guard while in the performance of their official duty; or
(4) Manufacture of, transportation to, or sale of weapons to a person authorized under subsections (b)(1) through (b)(3) of this section to possess such weapons.
(c)Subsection (a)(4) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:
(1) Watchmen, while actually engaged in the performance of the duties of their employment;
(2) Licensed hunters or fishermen, while engaged in hunting or fishing;
(3) Private detectives licensed by the state to carry the firearm involved, while actually engaged in the duties of their employment; or
(4) Detectives or special agents regularly employed by railroad companies or other corporations to perform full time security or investigative service, while actually engaged in the duties of their employment.
(5) Any person licensed to carry concealed in the state of Kansas.
(d)Subsections (a)(1) and (a)(6) of this section shall not apply to any person who sells, purchases, possesses or carries a firearm, device or attachment which has been rendered unserviceable by steel weld in the chamber and marriage weld of the barrel to the receiver and which has been registered in the national firearms registration and transfer record in compliance with 26 USC 5841 et seq., in the name of such person and, if such person transfers such firearm, device or attachment to another person, has been so registered in the transferee's name by the transferor.
(e)For the purposes of this section:
Bludgeon: A short stick or heavy club usually having one thick, loaded or weighted end by metal or some other substance and is used as a weapon.
Nunchaku: A hand generated striking weapon, consisting at the striking end of a piece of wood, metal, or other hard substance and connected to the handle end by a strap, chain or spring type shaft which increases the force or impact.
(f)It shall be a defense that the defendant is within an exemption.
(g)Unlawful use of weapons is a class B misdemeanor. (1962 Code, § 15-306; Ord. 839, § 1, 6-15-1977; Ord. 1019, § 1, 10-1-1980; Ord. 06-40, § 1, 12-20-2006; Ord. 10-18, § 1, 7-21-2010)