• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be on the lookout in the Dunwoody/Atlanta area. My gun was stolen tonight.

86 slo-vo

I don't know if this is allowed but figured I'd try...

We went to chili's in Dunwoody near perimeter, while eating my get home bag was stolen from our vehicle. Inside was my M&P full size that was cut down to the compact grip had XS big dot sights also an apex trigger and stippled grip.

Was about $1300 worth of stuff in the bag plus they stole all the presents we had bought today for Christmas for our daughters.

Just be on the lookout, the bag was a camelbak mother lode in black.
nemahuhe.jpg

86 slo-vo

Like I said its not exactly something you see everyday.

It's NOT a compact, look for a full size slide with a compact grip.

Serial number: DWZ2393

Nerkbuckeye

Questions

I'm kinda new to the CCW (KY) and travel to Georgia several times a month, hence my being a member of your site. I saw a "get home bag" mentioned. Is that a CCW/CHL term or something else? I may be assuming that it is something you keep your weapon in when you can't carry on private property.

Which leads me to a general remark. Given there are areas in every state that you cannot carry, open or otherwise, and the ability of private property owners to not allow firearms on their property, I find
strange that you have to have clairvoyance before you leave that house that wherever you go will allow you to keep your gun with you or you must secure it in your vehicle or elsewhere.

From a public safety standpoint, would it not be in the public's best interest that a licensed law abiding citizen keep his weapon secure with him at all times rather than leave it in even a locked vehicle that can be broken into and the weapon stolen? This is where I disagree with having places that you cannot carry. If you pass all the rules to get the permit, why (and I ask this facetiously) do they need to restrict where you carry!?

Shoobee

I'm kinda new to the CCW (KY) and travel to Georgia several times a month, hence my being a member of your site. I saw a "get home bag" mentioned. Is that a CCW/CHL term or something else? I may be assuming that it is something you keep your weapon in when you can't carry on private property.

Which leads me to a general remark. Given there are areas in every state that you cannot carry, open or otherwise, and the ability of private property owners to not allow firearms on their property, I find
strange that you have to have clairvoyance before you leave that house that wherever you go will allow you to keep your gun with you or you must secure it in your vehicle or elsewhere.

From a public safety standpoint, would it not be in the public's best interest that a licensed law abiding citizen keep his weapon secure with him at all times rather than leave it in even a locked vehicle that can be broken into and the weapon stolen? This is where I disagree with having places that you cannot carry. If you pass all the rules to get the permit, why (and I ask this facetiously) do they need to restrict where you carry!?

They make lock boxes for your car.

And gunsafes for your home.

Everyone who packs needs both.

There will always come a time when you cannot carry -- govt buildings & polling places & taverns/bars & church (if you must carry in church then you are going to the wrong inner city church).

86 slo-vo

We were on a trip, I had my S&W shield on my but my GHB (SHTF survival bag) loaded with a bunch of ammo and my other pistol.

The bag was out of sight but they found it.

86 slo-vo

Thinking about it on the way home I realized there was a bunch more stuff in the bag then I was thinking

Camelbak motherlode
M&P 9
400 rounds 9mm
30 rounds #00 buckshot
.30 cal ammo can
4 compact mags
3 full size mags
1 shield mag
1 windowed pmag with 30 rounds in it
Pistol light
Comptac ctac
First aid kit
Motorola walkie talkies
Streamlight flashlight
Misc survival stuff
Small dry bag
Camelback bladder
Blackhawk drop leg holster
Misc tools

2 big bags from harbor freight.

They also got $200 worth of Christmas presents we had bought an hour earlier for the kids.

Fallschirjmäger

One can't always count on the weather cooperating with one's journey home (tornado, hurricanes, lane closures for extended time, snow, etc, etc, etc). Sometimes one can be forced to abandon one's mechanical steed and resort to the old standby, the leather personnel carrier (shoes). If you work in a climate controlled office, you might not even have climate appropriate clothing, in the dead of winter you can still find me in short sleeves and perhaps a light jacket. It's five minutes outdoors so a little chill doesn't hurt. Walking an hour or three home in that outfit?? No effing way.
That's why a serious coat, even a poncho, and good walking shoes/boots stays in the car along with a bit of emergency food and liquids.

Along with weather, you can't always count on people cooperating with your safe journey home. Suicidal people have closed interstates for long periods of time, trucks have wiped out bridges, watercraft have destroyed overpasses, floods, ... the list goes on and on. Being prepared only takes a few moments, the results of not being prepared can last either a few hours, or the rest of your life.

rmodel65

i assume you reported it?? my brother had a pistol stolen and got it back a few years later from the ATF. They had bought it in a thing called operation thunderbolt where they bought stolen goods and sold cheap cigs to customers...