• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads OC Dinner Friday 11/9/12

Esanders2008

Hi everyone. I would like to know if there would be any interest in holding an OC dinner this friday in the Hampton Roads area. I was thinking we could all meet up at the Applebees right off Indian River road in Virginia Beach. If there is enough interest the dinner will be held this friday at 7:00 pm. Just let me know what you think.

Also, I really have no clue what we are supposed to DO at an OC dinner (other than eat, and OC :lol:), but I figured since we haven't had one in a while I would try to get one together myself.

RSVP so far - 3

Last edited by a moderator:

45acpForMe

You did basically everything you needed to do, set a date, time and place. Who ever comes comes.

We have had dinners as small as 3 people and as large as 100+ (for more special occasions).

If bad luck/timing is in the stars you can always cancel and pick another date/time/place.

45acpForMe

Well thanks for the info. Do you think you'll be able to come out?

I won't be able to attend. My daughter is competing at States in Richmond this weekend so I have some prep and sleep to get Friday. :)

The only thing that might hurt you is if you plan it further out in the future, people have more time to notice and plan to attend. Hopefully the moderator will make it a sticky at the top of the forum and more people will notice it. Good luck, God Bless, Good Eats, and happy OC-ing!

Esanders2008

Why not Hampton Roads? (OC Dinner 11/9/12)

Hello all. Unfortunately for me, Courtney is still sick and I will not be able to attend out dinner tonight. If you (few) guys still want to meet up, please go ahead and let me know how it goes.