Thread: Bristol Range Posted: No CCW

Bristol Range Posted: No CCW

Might not be news to some, but I was shocked to see the signs posted everywhere.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Looks like many others in the area forbid it as well. What a load of crap.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    just open carry then
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    just open carry then
    Not allowed either. Total ban on any carry.

You'd think a range would not prohibit carry...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You'd think a range would not prohibit carry...
    Apparently belted magnum single shot rifles and $10,000 shotguns are not as scary as a holstered carry pistol.

i will not give any Anti business my money. i will also at every opportunity give them a "No gun = no money" card and let them know why i will not do business with them
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

What do the signs at the Bristol range actually say?
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

I don't understand the whole posting as it is but a range?????
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    What do the signs at the Bristol range actually say?
    I need to get a picture of the sign I saw, but this is from their web site.

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!

McX
    i feel so much better knowing only the beautiful, hand picked people, at special times will be allowed their rights.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    How about carrying an uncased rifle or handgun from the car to the firing line? They didn't think this one through if they do not prohibit this practice since State law does not require a case. Frankly, any range which allows it during a public sight-in is silly not to have a parking lot detail to check the chambers as the "customers" exit their vehicles.

The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line.
    Because those evil self-motivated pistols are so prone to escaping the confines of their holsters & going on shooting rampages...

Idiots.
    Besides, the pistols that are loaded would likely be going downrange with their owners.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Because those evil self-motivated pistols are so prone to escaping the confines of their holsters & going on shooting rampages...

Idiots.
    Besides, the pistols that are loaded would likely be going downrange with their owners.
    My sentiments exactly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    How about carrying an uncased rifle or handgun from the car to the firing line? They didn't think this one through if they do not prohibit this practice since State law does not require a case. Frankly, any range which allows it during a public sight-in is silly not to have a parking lot detail to check the chambers as the "customers" exit their vehicles.
    they likely would want a rifle to be cleared and open before people went to get their targets when shooting is halted, right? if you walk up with your cased rifle, it would likely be OK in its case ... take it out and they'll want it displayed showing no rd in the chamber

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    they likely would want a rifle to be cleared and open before people went to get their targets when shooting is halted, right? if you walk up with your cased rifle, it would likely be OK in its case ... take it out and they'll want it displayed showing no rd in the chamber
    I believe that you are not understanding my point. People will be coming to the range without a case. They will be walking up with uncased rifles. Except for school zones (and only if you are not a licensee) there is no Wisconsin requirement to case a firearm in a vehicle. This means that people could potentially be carrying loaded uncased rifles from their vehicles to the firing line whether or not someone is down range unless you have someone watching the parking lot.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 11-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I need to get a picture of the sign I saw, but this is from their web site.

Concealed Carry and open carry firearms are not allowed on CCKC!

At the August 8, 2011 Board of Directors meeting, the board determined that concealed carry or open carry firearms will not be allowed on the ranges.

This decision was made with operational safety being the primary concern. The board determined that the Rifle/Pistol Range could not be safely closed to go downrange for target changes if loaded firearms were still on the line. The board also determined that it did not want concealed permit holders practicing from the draw during normal hours of operation as it can be dangerous for adjacent shooters on the line.

This decision does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy, or Urban Action Matches!
    Thanks for that information.

They are basically just extending the same concept that is used in firearms handling on the range, to any personal firearms that are carried either for open carry or concealed carry purposes:

All firearms must be unloaded and chambers open, before anyone can go downrange.

Bristol has had this attitude for years, the sign went up months before the C.C.W. law went into effect.

I have assisted with a few classes and shot there once or twice over the years. Unless you are one of the “cool kids” you are not safe enough, trained right, or know what you are doing.

Last time I taught there the board changed the rules 7 times on me / us in one weekend. And who could forget the old man “board member” who stood watch over class like a hungry scavenger, interjecting snippets of his wisdom at will like: Remember drag the person you just had to shoot back into the house.. ect.

Unless you have no other choice why even go there? Try R.C.L.R.C. or D.B.
    Last edited by FLR72; 11-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.

What a shame ... I often go target shooting alone and choose to wear a security sidearm. You never know if some "unfriendly" persons could be watching and waiting.

my personal feelings is this, if you do not trust me to carry on your range then you can't trust me anywhere. we do not need an anti self defense gun range. do not give your money to them

everybody on this board needs to drop them a line and tell them exactly why we wont go to an anti firearm business. remind them of the second amendment. let them know why they will lose business. remember don't let a friend shoot at an anti's range
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Get on the board and change the range rules
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLR72 View Post
    Bristol has had this attitude for years, the sign went up months before the C.C.W. law went into effect.

I have assisted with a few classes and shot there once or twice over the years. Unless you are one of the “cool kids” you are not safe enough, trained right, or know what you are doing.

Last time I taught there the board changed the rules 7 times on me / us in one weekend. And who could forget the old man “board member” who stood watch over class like a hungry scavenger, interjecting snippets of his wisdom at will like: Remember drag the person you just had to shoot back into the house.. ect.

Unless you have no other choice why even go there? Try R.C.L.R.C. or D.B.
    For those who do not enjoy riddles or acronyms:

Racine County Line Rifle Club http://my.rclrc.net/

Daniel Boone Conservation League in Richfield WI http://www.dbcl.org/