• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA CO concealed carry reciprocity

jwidman

Anyone know if Virginia has looked into reciprocity with Colorado? It looks like if VA recognizes CO permits they will automatically recognize ours, according to their website:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPS-CBIMain/CBON/1251622200175

Pursuant to Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213), the State of Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permit was issued to a resident of the state issuing the permit, and the permit tee is 21 yrs of age or older, AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. Hence, a "yes" in the following table also indicates that a valid Colorado permit is recognized in that state, subject to their laws. When traveling with a Colorado permit, it is advisable to contact the state you are visiting to confirm reciprocity and to review that state's firearms laws.

acfreddie

According to the following websites; usconcealedcarry.com, handgunlaw.us and USAcarry.com CO does NOT honor the VA resident permit.

I am technology dumb apparently and cannot figure out how to attach pics on this software

I had the sites bookmarked, so I used them as cites. Hope this helps

ws91420

From usacarry.com

Colorado Does Not Honor Permits from these States:

California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands

Last edited:

jwidman

Little clarification, I know Va and Co don't currently recognize each other. I was asking if Va had looked into recognizing Co before. I know for a couple States Va wouldn't recognize the permits because they couldn't validate their permits within 24 hrs.