Thread: Need help here in Oklahoma

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Need help here in Oklahoma

With our brand new OC law, there are a flurry of no guns signs going up in Oklahoma. We are trying to work on these, and our local members have access to this and are giving it to some businesses.

However, I know that some of these national chains are corporate entities that y'all have dealt with in other states. I'm hoping that someone has copies of corporate policies, so that we don't have to do the same work that others have already done. Here's a short list of some we'd like to get some help with. In addition to corporate policies, we could use any corporate contacts that you may have.

Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK)
    Walgreens (so far no reports of signs)
    CVS
    Applebees
    Texas Roadhouse
    McDonalds
    O'reilly Auto Parts
    Auto Zone
    Last edited by okiebryan; 11-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    With our brand new OC law, there are a flurry of no guns signs going up in Oklahoma. We are trying to work on these, and our local members have access to this and are giving it to some businesses.

However, I know that some of these national chains are corporate entities that y'all have dealt with in other states. I'm hoping that someone has copies of corporate policies, so that we don't have to do the same work that others have already done. Here's a short list of some we'd like to get some help with. In addition to corporate policies, we could use any corporate contacts that you may have.

Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK) - one local outlet loves to see us coming in OCing. The other one did not, but recently waas reported as not throwing someone out. Could be that the manager of the first place is supposed to have been promoted to area/regional manager.
    Walgreens (so far no reports of signs) - OC sometimes several times a day. No problems except they look at me funny when I try to buy all the chocolate-covered cashews they have.
    CVS - no problems with 3 locally
    Applebees - known unfriendly
    Texas Roadhouse - no experience personally but I think others have OC'd without problems.
    McDonalds - absolutely no problems.
    O'reilly Auto Parts - one time in there - no problems
    Auto Zone - they see me coming and start latying stuff on the counter. No problems.
    All answers valid for Richmond, Va only.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    My buddy was the DSM for O'reileys, they follow state law. There was no change when they bought out Shucks, (CSK).

Bill Starks in Washington would be a good person to contact he has copies of many corporations, corporate policy.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

http://www.friendorfoe.us/

http://www.friendorfoe.us/ is a very good way to keep up with who has negativity and who is positive. I am trying to locate the Corp letters we have collected.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    While I appreciate the responses, I'm afraid that you didn't understand the request in the original post. I'm not looking for feedback on who is nice and who isn't, I'm looking for specific documentation of corporate policies.

While I appreciate the responses, I'm afraid that you didn't understand the request in the original post. I'm not looking for feedback on who is nice and who isn't, I'm looking for specific documentation of corporate policies.
    Well most McDonalds are franchise, so they will not be the same policy from one franchise to the next.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK)
    Walgreens (so far no reports of signs)
    CVS
    Applebees: No problems for me.
    Texas Roadhouse
    McDonalds: No problems for me.
    O'reilly Auto Parts: No problems for me.
    Auto Zone
    This is valid for my encounters here in WA state.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    PM Bill he's got many documents from corporate, he may have several you may need.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)