• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help here in Oklahoma

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
With our brand new OC law, there are a flurry of no guns signs going up in Oklahoma. We are trying to work on these, and our local members have access to this and are giving it to some businesses.

However, I know that some of these national chains are corporate entities that y'all have dealt with in other states. I'm hoping that someone has copies of corporate policies, so that we don't have to do the same work that others have already done. Here's a short list of some we'd like to get some help with. In addition to corporate policies, we could use any corporate contacts that you may have.

Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK)
Walgreens (so far no reports of signs)
CVS
Applebees
Texas Roadhouse
McDonalds
O'reilly Auto Parts
Auto Zone

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
With our brand new OC law, there are a flurry of no guns signs going up in Oklahoma. We are trying to work on these, and our local members have access to this and are giving it to some businesses.

However, I know that some of these national chains are corporate entities that y'all have dealt with in other states. I'm hoping that someone has copies of corporate policies, so that we don't have to do the same work that others have already done. Here's a short list of some we'd like to get some help with. In addition to corporate policies, we could use any corporate contacts that you may have.

Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK) - one local outlet loves to see us coming in OCing. The other one did not, but recently waas reported as not throwing someone out. Could be that the manager of the first place is supposed to have been promoted to area/regional manager.
Walgreens (so far no reports of signs) - OC sometimes several times a day. No problems except they look at me funny when I try to buy all the chocolate-covered cashews they have.
CVS - no problems with 3 locally
Applebees - known unfriendly
Texas Roadhouse - no experience personally but I think others have OC'd without problems.
McDonalds - absolutely no problems.
O'reilly Auto Parts - one time in there - no problems
Auto Zone - they see me coming and start latying stuff on the counter. No problems.

All answers valid for Richmond, Va only.

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

My buddy was the DSM for O'reileys, they follow state law. There was no change when they bought out Shucks, (CSK).

Bill Starks in Washington would be a good person to contact he has copies of many corporations, corporate policy.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
While I appreciate the responses, I'm afraid that you didn't understand the request in the original post. I'm not looking for feedback on who is nice and who isn't, I'm looking for specific documentation of corporate policies.

WalkingWolf

While I appreciate the responses, I'm afraid that you didn't understand the request in the original post. I'm not looking for feedback on who is nice and who isn't, I'm looking for specific documentation of corporate policies.

Well most McDonalds are franchise, so they will not be the same policy from one franchise to the next.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Golden Corral (one store in Norman OK)
Walgreens (so far no reports of signs)
CVS
Applebees: No problems for me.
Texas Roadhouse
McDonalds: No problems for me.
O'reilly Auto Parts: No problems for me.
Auto Zone
This is valid for my encounters here in WA state.

sudden valley gunner

PM Bill he's got many documents from corporate, he may have several you may need.