• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry While Voting

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
not in the primaries, but because of his actions everyone in indiana will get to vote today. if he had bent to the will of the tyrants, he would have had no argument. no case against the county and no way to protect the rights of other voters.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Voted... in an elementary school... left the piece in the nano-vault. Not worth it in my situation.

B

Bikenut

Yooperlady and I voted in our township hall and there were quite a few folks there also voting yet no one seemed to make much of my openly carried sidearm. No big deal exactly as it always should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

JB248

Pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and carry tonight when I go to vote. I will have have the voice recorder going in case of any hassle.

One question though, I know normally on foot if you are OC'in you are not required to produce ID. What about OC'in in a PFZ though with CPL?

I think yes because you have to have a CPL to legally OC there...or is it just better to comply and hopefully be on my way?

ken243

Pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and carry tonight when I go to vote. I will have have the voice recorder going in case of any hassle.

One question though, I know normally on foot if you are OC'in you are not required to produce ID. What about OC'in in a PFZ though with CPL?

I think yes because you have to have a CPL to legally OC there...or is it just better to comply and hopefully be on my way?

If you are stopped for OC you do not have to produce ID.

Curmudgeon

The Mrs and I were in and out in about 15 minutes, maybe 20. I wasn't really watching the time, bu the line
was moving along pretty well.

We were #1285 and #1286.

And now I have another pic to add to my collection...

Vote-Nov-2012w.jpg

:D

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
The Mrs and I were in and out in about 15 minutes, maybe 20. I wasn't really watching the time, bu the line
was moving along pretty well.

We were #1285 and #1286.

And now I have another pic to add to my collection...

Vote-Nov-2012w.jpg

:D
i would say your grips remove any doubt as to whether your gun was noticed or not :dude:

detroit_fan

there is no law stating you must produce CPL while open carrying PFZ or not.

ok, but if you are openly carrying a firearm in a PFZ you are breaking the law, unless you have a CPL, correct? so when asked to show it, and you don't, wouldn't you be arrested for carrying in a PFZ?

i'm not one to just offer up my id, but if i was OC in a PFZ i think the best option is to show id if requested by a LEO

Last edited:

Billy

Greetings ~

I open-carried at the Butterfield Township Hall (near Merritt) while voting this afternoon. The volunteers tending to the ballots were friendly and helpful. No problems at all.

Was glad to see the largest turn-out for voting in the last six years.

Take care, y'all.

Respectfully,
Billy

ken243

ok, but if you are openly carrying a firearm in a PFZ you are breaking the law, unless you have a CPL, correct? so when asked to show it, and you don't, wouldn't you be arrested for carrying in a PFZ?

i'm not one to just offer up my id, but if i was OC in a PFZ i think the best option is to show id if requested by a LEO

If you are driving you must have a drivers license too. But simply driving does not give a LEO the right to stop you.