• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More Reason To Be Armed

Shoobee

The LEOs who taught my recent self defense shooting class update told us that home invasions are one of the fastest growing segment of crime now.

Meaning everyone needs a good pistol, loaded and chambered all the time, and ready to go.

And you cannot answer your door anymore, you need to speak out the window instead.

And your door needs to be locked and barricaded.

MKEgal

The suspects reportedly gained access to the house by offering to do yard work, but as soon as they were inside began viciously beating the man who offered to employ them.
I'm guessing they mean inside the fence. Why would they be inside the house if they'd been hired to do yard work?
Good reason to OC while working in the yard, while around the house, & to have your spouse similarly prepared.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Tactics and being aware are very important. They could very well be more important then the type of fire arm carried.

I heard so many times I didn't think it could happen to me, I thought it was fireworks,why would any body want to hurt me.

Playing the what if game can go along way to improving ones awareness. Just thinking about if this happens what am I going to do.

Being totally caught off guard one loses seconds just trying to sort things out.

Think,look around,beaware, don't go around in the black ,have a plan,just a couple of seconds can give one a huge advanage over being caught unaware.

Old Grump

Even if the homeowner had been armed he wouldn't have been thinking that the man or men he just hired would mug him. Unless he was talking to them with his gun in open sight or in his hand they had him by surprise and not much more he could do about it unless he was agile, strong and an experienced fighter. It's a crying shame because the next group that approaches him innocently is going to be treated suspiciously and this man will never look at strangers the same way again. Nobody should have to live like that.