Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Election Day 2012 - Vote!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Election Day 2012 - Vote!

The polls open tomorrow, November 6th at 6:00 AM - close at 7:00 PM.

The time for conversation has passed. Now we must exercise a privilege not available to all peoples.

One vote won't make the difference - collectively we can deliver a message and perhaps stem the tide.

When I see you next, I'm less liable to ask you how you voted - more interested in knowing that you did vote.

Then the waiting begins.............and the day after quarterbacking. As a friend said, "Let us pray."

PS added
    Note: Off topic politicalcizing posts will be deleted from this thread. The sole purpose of this thread is to urge all good people in Virginia to take advantage of one of our cherished freedoms = voting.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-05-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: PS added for clarification
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Civic duty

Okay, I make no apologies about being Republican. I have my beliefs, others have theirs. More important than voting the same as me is to VOTE !!!! It is a privilege that every American should consider their duty. Not everyone is suited for military service to repay this great country for the privilege of living here, but all citizens have the responsibility to keep the government in check so they do not dictate how we live our lives.

Please remember to vote November 6, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    In order to enjoy freedom, a word first used in ancient Athens, everyone must vote in a democracy, a goverment invented in ancient Athens 25 centuries ago as well.

We in the USA are lucky to live in a democracy, the first democracy since ancient Athens. A democracy re-invented by the Founding Freemasons who first organized this nation and called it a republic.

I do not apologize for being Democrat, since it clearly holds the best vision for the coming 4 years, as our economy recovers from this great recession which started on the Bush watch.

Even so, no matter what your views, whether Democrat or Independent or Republican, you all should vote.

An after the voting is finished tomorrow, we should all agree to agree with the voice of the majority who voted.

May God bless America, and may you all each vote tomorrow, if you have not already voted early.
    Freedom is a word of German derivation. The Athenian Democratic process was only available to approximately 20% of the population - males that had completed military training. Hardly a good example to follow.

We are a republic, not a democracy. That some of the founding fathers were Masons, all were male and all where caucasian is somwhat off topic as are political opinions on who is to blame for our pot of stew.

We do agree, as is the point of this thread, that we have an obligation, the privilege to exercise our right to cast a ballot. All are encouraged to do just that - VOTE.

BTW - I have never agreed to agree on things repugnate to me, but that is a conversation for another time and place.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Re: Election Day 2012 - Vote!

I'm going to be at the Suffolk executive airport at 5am in line. Chp will be my Id of choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mpguy; 11-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    --snipped--
    Please see post script to the OP and honor that restriction.

I do not intend that this thread be diverted or clouded.

Voted with CHP. Moose lodge.
    Mud Blood and Oil with a great dane along for the ride!

I voted open carrying at the Fine Creek Baptist church building in Powhatan, Va today with zero problems! I love my rights and my power to vote! God bless America and the liberty for which she stands!
    Last edited by Bowesmobile; 11-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Regular Member Geoffrey Griffith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    I voted open carrying at the Fine Creek Baptist church building in Powhatan, Va today with zero problems! I love my rights and my power to vote! God bless America and the liberty for which she stands!
    Geoffrey T Griffith
    "You never fail until you stop trying"

Voted with Chp..though it upset the lady, cause it didn't have a bar code to scan.

Voted early this morning. Wore a VCDL hat, OCd empty holster (in a school) and used CHP for identification.

Also reported aggressive politicking by a campaign worker within 10 ft of the door.

On a sidenote, I came home from breakfast with Logan this morning to find an unfamiliar vehicle (a blue prius with MD tags) with three strangers inside stopped in the exit to our complex. It turned around as I parked and one of the 3 got out and went knocking on some doors. One of our regular contractors saw this and went over towards them, while telling me he had asked them to leave at least twice before I arrived home. So I joined him in informing the strangers that they were on private property posted with 'no trespassing' and 'no solicitation' signs at the only entrance.

They at first claimed to be offering rides to the polling station, then later argued with me that they had a constitutional right to campaign. They didn't like it when I informed them that their constitutional right just means the government can't stop them campaigning and offered them no protection against a private home owners organization refusing them permission to enter upon the property and, furthermore, now they had been asked to leave and then told to leave, they were now trespassing and facing prosecution if they did not leave immediately and not come back.

Having read all the advice on this site about leaving private property when told it felt great being able to put down their protests. One of them got on the phone to their leader asking what they should do if told to leave and threatened with a trespassing violation. They left again for the, by this point, fifth time and the contractors and I were chatting about how the whole thing had started before I arrived when the car returned again. As I saw it enter the complex I went from CC to OC and stood in the middle of the street with Logan forcing them to stop. The driver tried telling me he need to get past so he could turn around, I told him to put the car in reverse and back out (or Anglo-Saxon colloquialisms to that effect). That was then the last we saw of them, wonder if our photos will be posted on all the barack websites by this evening or whether the people in the car were really pedophiles taking photos of children.

On a further sidenote .. have I ever mentioned how much I detest Maryland drivers ...?
    Last edited by scouser; 11-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Scouser....you are both a Great American and Virginian!

Voted this am at the Legion hall with all four of my kids underfoot and OC'd without issue.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Scouser....you are both a Great American and Virginian!
    thank you peter, that means a lot coming from you .. especially the second accolade. As an immigrant, being called a Virginian by someone I think of as embodying the essence of what this part of the US is about .. dammit man .. you're bringing a tear to my eyes ....

Voted with CHP

No issues at Abingdon Elementary School in Gloucester...since it was a school, and I was enroute to a DoD installation...well, y'all know the deal.

Voted with CHP

Woman looked at it, turned it over, looked at front again, said "do you have a picture ID", told her it was on the list of approved items, she then decided she didn't need a picture ID, said something about it being strange and then processed me through.

I voted and the line was long. It took an hour. It's never been like that before.
    I talked to a couple doing an exit poll and they said it was Republican by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by TraumaRN View Post
    Woman looked at it, turned it over, looked at front again, said "do you have a picture ID", told her it was on the list of approved items, she then decided she didn't need a picture ID, said something about it being strange and then processed me through.
    Lmao reminds me of my experience this morning.

Ya gotta love it

Voted at 745 this morning and used my CHP as ID. The woman looked at it and said is this a state issued ID. I said yes and showed her the state seal. Then she asked who issued it. I pointed to the Chesterfield Circuit Court line.

It wasn't until after she handed it back that the light bulb above her head came on and she realized it was a hand gun permit.

The dressup people have spoken and yes, Pogo was a prophet!

Last edited by peter nap; 11-07-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The dressup people have spoken and yes, Pogo was a prophet!
    Yep, looks like NoVA spoke for VA once again.

Four more years.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Enthusiast View Post
    Yep, looks like NoVA spoke for VA once again.

Four more years.
    NoVa, Richmond & Henrico too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    NoVa, Richmond & Henrico too.
    NOVA, Richmond, Henrico, Danville...basically any place with a large population of Mexicans. The worst part is the the Colleges that were recruited hard which concerns me greatly in other matters.

Alexandria Arlington Brunswick Buckingham Caroline Charles City Charlottesville Covington Danville Emporia Essex Fairfax City Fairfax Falls Church Fredericksburg Greensville Hampton Harrisonburg Henrico Hopewell Lexington Loudoun Manassas Martinsville Nelson Newport News Norfolk Northampton Portsmouth Prince Edward Prince William Radford Richmond City Roanoke City Staunton Suffolk Surry Sussex Westmoreland Williamsburg Winchester

A little explanation about "Dress up people" which seems to offend a lot of people (I assume because they do understand).

They are just people that appear to be something they aren't.

Roddy Piper made a very bad movie in the 80's called "They Live", where he finds a pair of sun glasses that let him see aliens disguised as humans, for what they really are.

Consider this election as the special sun glasses.
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-07-2012 at 07:12 AM.

So what do y'all think this means for guns & ammo prices? Should I order a few thousand rounds and another "assault weapon" today before prices skyrocket?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    So what do y'all think this means for guns & ammo prices? Should I order a few thousand rounds and another "assault weapon" today before prices skyrocket?
    They are going through the roof for a while at least.
    I avoided the rush and bought on Monday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast