• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Day 2012 - Vote!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The polls open tomorrow, November 6th at 6:00 AM - close at 7:00 PM.

The time for conversation has passed. Now we must exercise a privilege not available to all peoples.

One vote won't make the difference - collectively we can deliver a message and perhaps stem the tide.

When I see you next, I'm less liable to ask you how you voted - more interested in knowing that you did vote.

Then the waiting begins.............and the day after quarterbacking. As a friend said, "Let us pray."

PS added
Note: Off topic politicalcizing posts will be deleted from this thread. The sole purpose of this thread is to urge all good people in Virginia to take advantage of one of our cherished freedoms = voting.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Civic duty

Okay, I make no apologies about being Republican. I have my beliefs, others have theirs. More important than voting the same as me is to VOTE !!!! It is a privilege that every American should consider their duty. Not everyone is suited for military service to repay this great country for the privilege of living here, but all citizens have the responsibility to keep the government in check so they do not dictate how we live our lives.

Please remember to vote November 6, 2012.

Shoobee

Democracy works when everyone votes

In order to enjoy freedom, a word first used in ancient Athens, everyone must vote in a democracy, a goverment invented in ancient Athens 25 centuries ago as well.

We in the USA are lucky to live in a democracy, the first democracy since ancient Athens. A democracy re-invented by the Founding Freemasons who first organized this nation and called it a republic.

I do not apologize for being Democrat, since it clearly holds the best vision for the coming 4 years, as our economy recovers from this great recession which started on the Bush watch.

Even so, no matter what your views, whether Democrat or Independent or Republican, you all should vote.

An after the voting is finished tomorrow, we should all agree to agree with the voice of the majority who voted.

May God bless America, and may you all each vote tomorrow, if you have not already voted early.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In order to enjoy freedom, a word first used in ancient Athens, everyone must vote in a democracy, a goverment invented in ancient Athens 25 centuries ago as well.

We in the USA are lucky to live in a democracy, the first democracy since ancient Athens. A democracy re-invented by the Founding Freemasons who first organized this nation and called it a republic.

I do not apologize for being Democrat, since it clearly holds the best vision for the coming 4 years, as our economy recovers from this great recession which started on the Bush watch.

Even so, no matter what your views, whether Democrat or Independent or Republican, you all should vote.

An after the voting is finished tomorrow, we should all agree to agree with the voice of the majority who voted.

May God bless America, and may you all each vote tomorrow, if you have not already voted early.

Freedom is a word of German derivation. The Athenian Democratic process was only available to approximately 20% of the population - males that had completed military training. Hardly a good example to follow.

We are a republic, not a democracy. That some of the founding fathers were Masons, all were male and all where caucasian is somwhat off topic as are political opinions on who is to blame for our pot of stew.

We do agree, as is the point of this thread, that we have an obligation, the privilege to exercise our right to cast a ballot. All are encouraged to do just that - VOTE.

BTW - I have never agreed to agree on things repugnate to me, but that is a conversation for another time and place.

mpguy

I'm going to be at the Suffolk executive airport at 5am in line. Chp will be my Id of choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Shoobee

ELEFTHERIA is the word in Greek for freedom which the ancient Athenians invented long before the Germanians ever left Persia to migrate into Europe. Herodotus tells us about all this in his book The Histories. It's a great read.

At the office today everyone was placing $20 bets on whether Obama would be re-elected or Romney would be elected instead.

My $20 bucks is on Obama. But this is $20 bucks my buddy won off me from a Broncos-Raiders game. Guess I should have doubled up, but the race is too close to call to risk more than a $20 bet on it.

Last edited:

Bowesmobile

I voted open carrying at the Fine Creek Baptist church building in Powhatan, Va today with zero problems! I love my rights and my power to vote! God bless America and the liberty for which she stands!

Last edited:

mpguy

Voted with Chp..though it upset the lady, cause it didn't have a bar code to scan.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Voted early this morning. Wore a VCDL hat, OCd empty holster (in a school) and used CHP for identification.

Also reported aggressive politicking by a campaign worker within 10 ft of the door. :mad:

scouser

On a sidenote, I came home from breakfast with Logan this morning to find an unfamiliar vehicle (a blue prius with MD tags) with three strangers inside stopped in the exit to our complex. It turned around as I parked and one of the 3 got out and went knocking on some doors. One of our regular contractors saw this and went over towards them, while telling me he had asked them to leave at least twice before I arrived home. So I joined him in informing the strangers that they were on private property posted with 'no trespassing' and 'no solicitation' signs at the only entrance.

They at first claimed to be offering rides to the polling station, then later argued with me that they had a constitutional right to campaign. They didn't like it when I informed them that their constitutional right just means the government can't stop them campaigning and offered them no protection against a private home owners organization refusing them permission to enter upon the property and, furthermore, now they had been asked to leave and then told to leave, they were now trespassing and facing prosecution if they did not leave immediately and not come back.

Having read all the advice on this site about leaving private property when told it felt great being able to put down their protests. One of them got on the phone to their leader asking what they should do if told to leave and threatened with a trespassing violation. They left again for the, by this point, fifth time and the contractors and I were chatting about how the whole thing had started before I arrived when the car returned again. As I saw it enter the complex I went from CC to OC and stood in the middle of the street with Logan forcing them to stop. The driver tried telling me he need to get past so he could turn around, I told him to put the car in reverse and back out (or Anglo-Saxon colloquialisms to that effect). That was then the last we saw of them, wonder if our photos will be posted on all the barack websites by this evening or whether the people in the car were really pedophiles taking photos of children.

On a further sidenote .. have I ever mentioned how much I detest Maryland drivers ...?

Last edited:

Marco

Voted this am at the Legion hall with all four of my kids underfoot and OC'd without issue.

scouser

Scouser....you are both a Great American and Virginian!

thank you peter, that means a lot coming from you .. especially the second accolade. As an immigrant, being called a Virginian by someone I think of as embodying the essence of what this part of the US is about .. dammit man .. you're bringing a tear to my eyes ....

TraumaRN

Voted with CHP

Woman looked at it, turned it over, looked at front again, said "do you have a picture ID", told her it was on the list of approved items, she then decided she didn't need a picture ID, said something about it being strange and then processed me through.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I voted and the line was long. It took an hour. It's never been like that before.
I talked to a couple doing an exit poll and they said it was Republican by a wide margin.

mpguy

Woman looked at it, turned it over, looked at front again, said "do you have a picture ID", told her it was on the list of approved items, she then decided she didn't need a picture ID, said something about it being strange and then processed me through.

Lmao reminds me of my experience this morning.