• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bama Carry

Treborfoot

www.bamacarry.org

This was a facebook post made earlier today by Eddie Fulmer.

Fellow Patriots,
As I live and breathe I never thought I’d be writing this. It is with a heavy heart I became involved in the creation of BamaCarry.org. I put 2 years of my life, money, time, and gave up family time to work for gun rights in Alabama. We made some good progress and were poised to do so much more. However due to circumstances I still don’t fully understand I, along with 2 other trusted patriots, were taken off the Admin role on the AGR FB page and then locked out of the page altogether. Never mind we’d been “running” the page without complaint for over a year. I had been loyal to the “owner” of the web page and up until the time I was booted from the FB page I would have done almost anything...he asked if it wasn’t illegal. However that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’ve been accused of hijacking, or trying to steal something but nothing could be further from the truth. I just wanted to grow our group. All I ever really wanted was, to just be the guy in Tuscaloosa who set up meetings and was having a good time exercising and educating people about their rights.

I’m still amazed at the speed at which the new FB page and web site took off. Tim and Nick jumped at the chance to build the BamaCarry.org web page. It was up and running almost before I knew about it. Several others helped out getting the FB page online. There was no preparation beforehand and this all happened in a matter of days. It seems many were standing in line to jump on the train. Still some sat in the station and watched it pull away. To those I say it’s not to late to catch the next train. It will lead you to a group that will soon be a non profit organization with as much transparency as possible, and an elected “board” to make decisions. Please be patient as we put this together. It will take a little time so we ask for patience and a little trust that things are being worked out as fast as possible. BamaCarry will be run more like a business with shareholders. The “movers and shakers” of BamaCarry want to be strong enough to make a real difference and be known statewide. I ask for your help and patience. Soon we’ll have a core group making preliminary decisions helping get the non profit up and running. You’ll know who those are ASAP and you can contact them with any ideas or complaints you may have. We’ll have much more to share soon.

I’m going to continue, just as I have been all along, with the group here in Tuscaloosa having meetings, but under the name BamaCarry.

SFCRetired

This is what I posted of FB today and what I truly believe to be the solution to the problem:

[h=5]>>Y'all may disagree with this, but I think it has to be said. The less we say about a certain other website and its dictator and sycophants, the better off we will be. I told a young man this afternoon that it is never wise to get in a urinating contest with a skunk. The skunk actually enjoys it.

I really think that if we all just ignore the pathetic emails and even more pathetic jabs at us, that the problem will very quickly go the way of the dodo and the carrier pigeon.

If anything, feel pity for someone who is obsessed with his own sense of self-importance to the movement we are all dedicated to. I feel very sorry for him as one day in the foreseeable future, I think he will wake up and find that he has been left far, far behind. He will also discover that his sycophants have abandoned him as soon as they discover he is of no more use to them.

If you are presented with any questions concerning that site and its owner, answer truthfully, but as briefly as possible.<<
[/h]
This was directed to fellow members of BamaCarry and was in no way intended as a bashing of another organization or site. I deeply regret the events that have led up to this unfortunate situation.

Like · · Unfollow Post · about an hour ago

eye95

I've been resisting doing this, but I can't hold back, so I'll say it once:

I told you so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

macgulley

This is what I posted of FB today and what I truly believe to be the solution to the problem:

[h=5]>>Y'all may disagree with this, but I think it has to be said. The less we say about a certain other website and its dictator and sycophants, the better off we will be. I told a young man this afternoon that it is never wise to get in a urinating contest with a skunk. The skunk actually enjoys it.

I really think that if we all just ignore the pathetic emails and even more pathetic jabs at us, that the problem will very quickly go the way of the dodo and the carrier pigeon.

If anything, feel pity for someone who is obsessed with his own sense of self-importance to the movement we are all dedicated to. I feel very sorry for him as one day in the foreseeable future, I think he will wake up and find that he has been left far, far behind. He will also discover that his sycophants have abandoned him as soon as they discover he is of no more use to them.

If you are presented with any questions concerning that site and its owner, answer truthfully, but as briefly as possible.<<
[/h]
This was directed to fellow members of BamaCarry and was in no way intended as a bashing of another organization or site. I deeply regret the events that have led up to this unfortunate situation.

Like · · Unfollow Post · about an hour ago

Not to be too nit picky but your post was pretty snarky for someone who is in no way intending to bash another organization or site. I.e. the following excerpts: "dictator and sycophants", "pathetic emails and even more pathetic jabs", "obsessed with his own sense of self-importance", etc. I think you started off right with "the less we say" but it went downhill quickly after that.

eye95

Thank you for quoting the post. It bore repeating, but the quotee would be too nice a guy to say it again.

His experience is not unique. I personally was one of the first victims. It took about a year for the bodies to pile high enough for most of the members to see what was going on and to respond by creating a true grassroots organization and subordinating the site to it. I wish they had heeded my warnings earlier. I ended up out in the cold for the remainder of my time in the State, but feel vindicated now.

However, the work that BamaCarry.org is doing is being done so well and is so important that I will support them from afar, including paying dues.

Folks, to visit the new organization's forums, click the link in my signature. It's worth the visit.

Brimstone Baritone

Not to be too nit picky but your post was pretty snarky for someone who is in no way intending to bash another organization or site. I.e. the following excerpts: "dictator and sycophants", "pathetic emails and even more pathetic jabs", "obsessed with his own sense of self-importance", etc. I think you started off right with "the less we say" but it went downhill quickly after that.

Thanks for the observation, macgulley. Sometimes when you are too close to an issue it's hard to realize you are letting it affect you. Sometimes it takes an outside observer to point out the things we blind ourselves to. I agree that if we're going to cut ties with another group, for whatever reason, that it should be completely. The name calling and anger, and even satisfaction, serve no useful purpose and make us look petty.

eye95

After a year out in the cold, I'm gonna be just a little bit petty.

There is a tremendous amount of satisfaction in being proven right after such a long time.