• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey here is one CC instructor I would never use

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Looks like he amended his post. His editorial remarks do say that he removed a sentence.

Merlin

I remembered something about that years ago, as far as I recall, it was designated a city park, but that wouldn't matter anyway. Preemption FTW.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Vegassteve

I remembered something about that years ago, as far as I recall, it was designated a city park, but that wouldn't matter anyway. Preemption FTW.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yep I think it has a special designation of part owned by the city and private folks. I thought the court did say that the open area was a public place. Will have to use google foo and find that later today.

MP_4_Life

Just have got to love people, instead of making informed comments and state only fact, they makes random comments to try and scare the people they don't like. Like previously stated, even if it was a state park, it wouldn't affect us open carrying because of preemption. So the guy just made himself just look like a moron twice over. first because of stating it is a state park (or will be). Secondly cause of forgetting preemption. this is why i don't even have an account for Nevada shoorters.

Kinoons

Not to defend anyone calling someone a dope, but metro and Clark county parks and rec. do not have any respect for preemption. If you have your handgun in a park be prepared to be hassled, at the least.

Kinoons

I wish being hassled was the worst they would do to you. I have no faith in metro respecting preemption, and would not be the least bit surprised if someone with a firearm in a city or county park found themselves in CCDC.

The Big Guy

I wish being hassled was the worst they would do to you. I have no faith in metro respecting preemption, and would not be the least bit surprised if someone with a firearm in a city or county park found themselves in CCDC.

Does METRO respect Pre-emption, no! However judging by past experience of others I really don't think they want to push it to an arrest. I say that because in the past OC's were endlessly harassed but not arrested. For instance Tim and Dave at METRO. If they had any intention of making an arrest they would just do it. It is a cops job to find grounds to make an arrest. They would not stand there and argue about it utilizing several officers over an extended period of time. It is not in their best interest to make a test case with person or persons they can reasonably assume will take it as far as needed to get their policies overturned. This is my guess in N.L.V. as well.

TBG

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Too bad that CC instructor is better at concealing his gun than he is at concealing his anti-rights opinions.

I guess he's not really serious about RKBA and self-defense. If he was he'd be supporting our guys rights, too.

Its not that hard to be supportive of somebody doing something you don't particularly care for.

I supported Leonard Embody, the AK pistol guy in Tennessee, when the cops were harassing him. I thought it was ridiculous to OC an AK pistol, and just asking for trouble. But, I thought it asking for even more trouble to let the cops detain and question him just because he was carrying an AK pistol.

Similar for marijuana. I don't smoke it; won't smoke it; think its a bad idea to smoke it. But, I think it is an even worse idea to let government have a say in whether and how people use it. Thus, I support the re-legalization of marijuana.

If I can support rights, even when exercised in a way I don't care for, then the bloody CC instructor can, too.

Last edited:

Kinoons

Does METRO respect Pre-emption, no! However judging by past experience of others I really don't think they want to push it to an arrest. I say that because in the past OC's were endlessly harassed but not arrested. For instance Tim and Dave at METRO. If they had any intention of making an arrest they would just do it. It is a cops job to find grounds to make an arrest. They would not stand there and argue about it utilizing several officers over an extended period of time. It is not in their best interest to make a test case with person or persons they can reasonably assume will take it as far as needed to get their policies overturned. This is my guess in N.L.V. as well.

TBG

This all may be true, with the difference being that when at a metro station they are trying to apply a NRS concealed carry law to all firearms. In the case of county parks the law in question is a county one. In this case the law specifically says all firearms.

So at a station you have a law applied to the wrong situation. You can hassle someone for quite sometime, but there is nothing to go to jail for. In the case of a county park there is a law specifically for that situation, in which they can take you to jail for violating. Now we all know the law itself is invalid, but I wouldn't put it past metro to take you to jail all the same and play the north las Vegas game of dropping the charges later.

Nevada carrier

Similar for marijuana. I don't smoke it; won't smoke it; think its a bad idea to smoke it. But, I think it is an even worse idea to let government have a say in whether and how people use it. Thus, I support the re-legalization of marijuana.

Off topic, I know, but the only reason weed is illegal is the criminal justice industry would loose huge amounts of federal funding should it be decriminalized. People's livelihoods depend on the money spent fighting this war. Additionally, the feds know that they can't regulate and tax it because anyone can grow it if they're so inclined. Remember what Reagan said? "if it moves tax it, if it keeps moving, regulate it, and if it stops moving, subsidize it." Well there was another part to that that was left unsaid, it goes, "if you can do neither of those, outlaw it!" Pot can be neither taxed, regulated or subsidized, and this is the nature of the drug that really offends policy makers; it's outside their control.

now back on topic, sorry.

The Big Guy

This all may be true, with the difference being that when at a metro station they are trying to apply a NRS concealed carry law to all firearms. In the case of county parks the law in question is a county one. In this case the law specifically says all firearms.

So at a station you have a law applied to the wrong situation. You can hassle someone for quite sometime, but there is nothing to go to jail for. In the case of a county park there is a law specifically for that situation, in which they can take you to jail for violating. Now we all know the law itself is invalid, but I wouldn't put it past metro to take you to jail all the same and play the north las Vegas game of dropping the charges later.

Exactly. They want to keep these laws on the books to use against the unwary. If pushed, they will drop it in order to not have it end up being a test case. METRO says they are enforcing the "spirit" of 202.3673 while threatening trespass. Again if they felt they could get away with it, they would just simply make the arrest and not stand there jawin' about it.

TBG

timf343

Campaign Veteran
One CCW Instructor I would definitely support is MAC702. I met with him and had my private class today. He's very knowledgeable and a downright nice guy. Not to mention, he's pro-OC! Gets my vote A++

Last edited:

Lasjayhawk

After Dave and Tim had their fun on Las Vegas Blvd. METRO got some retraining. One of the scenarios in the training is this.

In the final scenario, officers at the Fremont Street Experience one evening during a festival of live entertainment come upon seven armed adults — five white men, a black man and a white woman — standing around but not drinking. In that instance, officers are instructed to leave those individuals alone.

From the Sun aritcle: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/apr/07/nevadans-are-free-don-their-arms-open/