Thread: VA CHP hold up

VA CHP hold up

Well I submitted my form on Monday 9/17 and I'm yet to hear anything. It's a few days past the 45 now. During lunch ill be heading downtown, to the city of Portsmotuh, to hopefully find out what's going on. Any advice?

Probably sitting there collecting dust. My father applied months ago and never got any word, letter, nothing, but he is too busy to make it up to the courthouse most days. This was in VB.
    Mud Blood and Oil with a great dane along for the ride!

That's exactly what I believe is happening to mine. Tell your dad to take a day off. It sounds like he could use one lol. It's been a long wait.

All is well. They have some mailing issues going on since they just moved to a new building. Got a new one made right there.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Actually, all is not well. While I don't care about CHP's I do care about the absolute disregard for the law these Clerks have.

What do you suppose the Judge would say if I missed a court date and then said....well I moved and had some issues getting to my car Judge. It was a lot of trouble and I just didn't have time.

That's definitely a good point. She had a long list of names of which they have "been calling" to notify the people of the problem. Funny thing was my name was the 3rd from the top...

I would have a different opinion if I couldn't have gotten it today.
    Last edited by skew12; 11-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.

According to the OP the application was received by the Clerk 9/17. 50 calendar days later is 11/6. The OP would need to have not received the required notification
    If the court has not issued the permit or determined that the applicant is disqualified within 45 days of the date of receipt noted on the application, the clerk shall certify on the application that the 45-day period has expired, and mail or send via electronic mail a copy of the certified application to the applicant within five business days of the expiration of the 45-day period.
    today (11/7) for there to have been a problem.

Might be there has been a bit of jumping the gun here?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Actually, all is not well. While I don't care about CHP's I do care about the absolute disregard for the law these Clerks have.

What do you suppose the Judge would say if I missed a court date and then said....well I moved and had some issues getting to my car Judge. It was a lot of trouble and I just didn't have time.
    That's exactly the point.

We have far too many local governments that are still doing whatever the heck they want and they seem quite able to get away with it.