• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA CHP hold up

skew12

Well I submitted my form on Monday 9/17 and I'm yet to hear anything. It's a few days past the 45 now. During lunch ill be heading downtown, to the city of Portsmotuh, to hopefully find out what's going on. Any advice?

GreatDaneMan

Probably sitting there collecting dust. My father applied months ago and never got any word, letter, nothing, but he is too busy to make it up to the courthouse most days. This was in VB.

skew12

That's exactly what I believe is happening to mine. Tell your dad to take a day off. It sounds like he could use one lol. It's been a long wait.

skew12

All is well. They have some mailing issues going on since they just moved to a new building. Got a new one made right there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Actually, all is not well. While I don't care about CHP's I do care about the absolute disregard for the law these Clerks have.

What do you suppose the Judge would say if I missed a court date and then said....well I moved and had some issues getting to my car Judge. It was a lot of trouble and I just didn't have time.

skew12

That's definitely a good point. She had a long list of names of which they have "been calling" to notify the people of the problem. Funny thing was my name was the 3rd from the top...

I would have a different opinion if I couldn't have gotten it today.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
According to the OP the application was received by the Clerk 9/17. 50 calendar days later is 11/6. The OP would need to have not received the required notification
If the court has not issued the permit or determined that the applicant is disqualified within 45 days of the date of receipt noted on the application, the clerk shall certify on the application that the 45-day period has expired, and mail or send via electronic mail a copy of the certified application to the applicant within five business days of the expiration of the 45-day period.
today (11/7) for there to have been a problem.

Might be there has been a bit of jumping the gun here?

stay safe.

Glockster

Actually, all is not well. While I don't care about CHP's I do care about the absolute disregard for the law these Clerks have.

What do you suppose the Judge would say if I missed a court date and then said....well I moved and had some issues getting to my car Judge. It was a lot of trouble and I just didn't have time.

That's exactly the point.

We have far too many local governments that are still doing whatever the heck they want and they seem quite able to get away with it.