Thread: Reporter Seeking Someone in Richmond Who Used a Gun in Self Defense

Reporter Seeking Someone in Richmond Who Used a Gun in Self Defense

All,

I have been speaking with a reporter for a story she is doing on gun rights and she emailed me back asking if I could help her contact "a local Richmond person/family who had to use a weapon for personal protection."

I will have her monitor this thread so if you know someone (or are someone) who could help her, post the information here. If you would prefer not to post in a public venue but would still be willing to talk to her, feel free to email me at john at opencarry.org and I will pass the information on to her.

Thanks!

John

John, I am pretty sure that I can still find the Golden Food Mart good guy, but he's not going to want to talk to reporters. I could try, but Phillip and Dale seemed to gain his trust to get him to share his experience a little bit better than I could.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    John, I am pretty sure that I can still find the Golden Food Mart good guy, but he's not going to want to talk to reporters. I could try, but Phillip and Dale seemed to gain his trust to get him to share his experience a little bit better than I could.
    Mo has sold the Golden Market and returned to his homeland. The "good guy" doesn't work for the new owners and I have no clue where to find him any longer.

BTW - Don't we all use our OCd personal defense device for protection everytime we wear it. Granted it is passive rather than active protection

That and its "chose to" not "had to".
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Just what nature of "self defense" is she looking for?

So far I have not had to shoot anyone, but I've come close twice. Never cleared leather, although one time my hand was in fact on the grips. And there was that kid who I pepper-sprayed.

Even I (and you know my reputation) have a hard time making any of the three incidents sound exciting, and that's not just because they were over in a matter of seconds.

But if she's interested in talking with a Phat Oulde Phart about how that "An armed society is a polite society" thing works out, you know my contact info and have permission to pass it along, or she can PM me.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'm not sure anyone who has shot someone is going to talk to her.
    Someone that will is probably not a plus for the gun community (Likely a black shirt or worse).

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The attachment is an invalid link - goes no where.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Ooops......how about this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spidey sense.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	9517

Re: the media and OC let alone gun rights.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Ooops......how about this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spidey sense.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	9517

Re: the media and OC let alone gun rights.
    That is much understood.