• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reporter Seeking Someone in Richmond Who Used a Gun in Self Defense

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
All,

I have been speaking with a reporter for a story she is doing on gun rights and she emailed me back asking if I could help her contact "a local Richmond person/family who had to use a weapon for personal protection."

I will have her monitor this thread so if you know someone (or are someone) who could help her, post the information here. If you would prefer not to post in a public venue but would still be willing to talk to her, feel free to email me at john at opencarry.org and I will pass the information on to her.

Thanks!

John

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
John, I am pretty sure that I can still find the Golden Food Mart good guy, but he's not going to want to talk to reporters. I could try, but Phillip and Dale seemed to gain his trust to get him to share his experience a little bit better than I could.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
John, I am pretty sure that I can still find the Golden Food Mart good guy, but he's not going to want to talk to reporters. I could try, but Phillip and Dale seemed to gain his trust to get him to share his experience a little bit better than I could.

Mo has sold the Golden Market and returned to his homeland. The "good guy" doesn't work for the new owners and I have no clue where to find him any longer.

BTW - Don't we all use our OCd personal defense device for protection everytime we wear it. Granted it is passive rather than active protection :)

That and its "chose to" not "had to".

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just what nature of "self defense" is she looking for?

So far I have not had to shoot anyone, but I've come close twice. Never cleared leather, although one time my hand was in fact on the grips. And there was that kid who I pepper-sprayed.

Even I (and you know my reputation) have a hard time making any of the three incidents sound exciting, and that's not just because they were over in a matter of seconds.

But if she's interested in talking with a Phat Oulde Phart about how that "An armed society is a polite society" thing works out, you know my contact info and have permission to pass it along, or she can PM me.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not sure anyone who has shot someone is going to talk to her.
Someone that will is probably not a plus for the gun community (Likely a black shirt or worse).