Thread: My Polling Station Posted No Firearms Anoyone else?

My Polling Station Posted No Firearms Anoyone else?

Here in the Peoples Republic of Milwaukee my polling place was posted for the first time since Act 35 took effect. Not allowed to exercise my 2nd amendment right at the same time as the 15th. Hmm

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    my poling place is in the same building as the police station and fire department 2A is a no go there
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Mine was posted as well. Wound up walking in with my empty Serpa holster in protest.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

My polling place in Menomonie, WI in the Dunn County Government center is posted. It's just an administration building, there's no police or fire station connected to it.
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Mine hasn't been posted in previous elections (and recall). I haven't yet voted today, but I suspect it will not be posted today either.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Mine is also in a police station.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Many of ours are schools and Churches. Many of these Churches have schools attached and share a parking lot with the school. I certainly would not wish to be defending a GFSZ charge regardless if I would eventually prevail as it would be a costly endeavor.

Re: My Polling Station Posted No Firearms Anoyone else?

Mine has been posted Since Act 35. Government buildings should not be permitted to post.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    Mine has been posted Since Act 35. Government buildings should not be permitted to post.
    If we get good candidates, that will change.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Mine is an elementary school so its an automatic no go....

I do my voting at the village hall which has been posted for some time, it's always funny read the wording on the sign where after it says "no weapons" it says "We cannot be held liable for injuries on the premises". Apparently they didnt read that part of the laws
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Mine is in the village hall but isn't post all the board members own guns.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    Mine is also in a police station.
    Ditto.

Also a couple of court rooms. ... probably a good idea.
    "Those who would gve up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    at my polling location, the signs went up last summer, the town supervisor is a flaming liberal, who on the day before the election stated "When o gets re-elected, I'll be the first one to come collect your guys guns"

SO, I plan on running for office to unseat this clown during our next local election cycle. Then I can return the position of town clerk back to an elected position as opposed to the appointed position this "Richard Cranium" turned it into.

I typically carry concealed, but I went O-C empty holster, and flipped my ID on the table to get my ballot, they asked for the spelling on my name, I pointed to my ID and said Here you go, you know I am who I say I am, can you say that for anyone else in line today?