• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Polling Station Posted No Firearms Anoyone else?

tomm1963

Here in the Peoples Republic of Milwaukee my polling place was posted for the first time since Act 35 took effect. Not allowed to exercise my 2nd amendment right at the same time as the 15th. Hmm

Pyro01

My polling place in Menomonie, WI in the Dunn County Government center is posted. It's just an administration building, there's no police or fire station connected to it.

protias

Mine hasn't been posted in previous elections (and recall). I haven't yet voted today, but I suspect it will not be posted today either.

Interceptor_Knight

Many of ours are schools and Churches. Many of these Churches have schools attached and share a parking lot with the school. I certainly would not wish to be defending a GFSZ charge regardless if I would eventually prevail as it would be a costly endeavor.

Deek

I do my voting at the village hall which has been posted for some time, it's always funny read the wording on the sign where after it says "no weapons" it says "We cannot be held liable for injuries on the premises". Apparently they didnt read that part of the laws

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
at my polling location, the signs went up last summer, the town supervisor is a flaming liberal, who on the day before the election stated "When o gets re-elected, I'll be the first one to come collect your guys guns"

SO, I plan on running for office to unseat this clown during our next local election cycle. Then I can return the position of town clerk back to an elected position as opposed to the appointed position this "Richard Cranium" turned it into.

I typically carry concealed, but I went O-C empty holster, and flipped my ID on the table to get my ballot, they asked for the spelling on my name, I pointed to my ID and said Here you go, you know I am who I say I am, can you say that for anyone else in line today?