Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Holster info

  1. #1
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83

    Holster info

    So I was wondering I have been looking and looking I feel I have killed my self looking. Does anyone know if they make a Conceal to carry that can be made open carry if you like in a holster. I love the Brovo and Looper holsters. I figured if anyone knows you all do. I have also searched and just not found anything.
    To be honest I would like one where the grip is all you see out so a deep set holster.

    Let me know I would like to see what you all have that is working also. I need ideas. I am just having problems finding a good one.

    Sorry I am running with a Springfield XDM 9mm 3.8 barrel.
    Last edited by donsadlerjr; 11-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Virtually any holster can go from concealed to open simply by tucking in the shirt. I use an outside the waste band holster all the time. Sounds like what you are looking for is an inside the waste band holster. I've seen people wear inside the waste band between the belt and outside of the pants.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

  3. #3
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    Virtually any holster can go from concealed to open simply by tucking in the shirt. I use an outside the waste band holster all the time. Sounds like what you are looking for is an inside the waste band holster. I've seen people wear inside the waste band between the belt and outside of the pants.
    What kind of holster do you carry with? I guess if you have a long shirt it would work out good also.

  4. #4
    Regular Member okiephlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    420
    I have a holster from K & D Holsters. Tuckable, leather, well made, very comfortable, just the grip sticks above the belt. Been wearing it for several years now, no problems. Glock 23.
    http://www.kdholsters.com/

  5. #5
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    It looks like your newer to the site so let me first welcome you and encourage you to read and study. But I would also like to offer you a resource for holsters and other info. You can find a wide variety of brands and types. Maybe you can find what your looking for or at least get some ideas. http://Tinyurl.com/New-to-Guns
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  6. #6
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    I have a holster from K & D Holsters. Tuckable, leather, well made, very comfortable, just the grip sticks above the belt. Been wearing it for several years now, no problems. Glock 23.
    http://www.kdholsters.com/
    Thanks I checked it out and apparently they are not doing anymore orders.. Thanks I am going to keep looking for there holsters.

  7. #7
    Regular Member snubbyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    9
    I can't recommend a holster brand. I make my own. This is my snubby in a home made owb thumb break holster. To conceal it all I have to do is untuck my shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	owb.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	9511  

  8. #8
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    It looks like your newer to the site so let me first welcome you and encourage you to read and study. But I would also like to offer you a resource for holsters and other info. You can find a wide variety of brands and types. Maybe you can find what your looking for or at least get some ideas. http://Tinyurl.com/New-to-Guns
    I don't want to sound mean at all and thanks for the welcome. I am not new to guns at all I looked at your link and well that is how to ride a bike with training wheels. I only wanted to know what some people are doing not a help site. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    Also you might want to check the links also. About half work some go no where and some go places I have been already. Someone might want to update the list a bit.

  10. #10
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    I only incidental conceal when I am wearing a coat, otherwise I OC....so all the holsters I own are OWB.

    My nicest holster is a custom leather holster by Alessi in Buffalo, NY http://www.alessigunholsters.com/ . It was also the most expensive and took the longest to receive.

    It holds the pistol very close to your body, is very comfortable both in and out of the car (Full sized CZ85), is very well made and would probably be a CC holster if that is what you desired to do with it. Alessi makes holsters for many many models, and in several styles...just check his web site.

  11. #11
    Regular Member okiephlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by donsadlerjr View Post
    Thanks I checked it out and apparently they are not doing anymore orders.. Thanks I am going to keep looking for there holsters.
    I think they get backlogged at times and stop taking orders until they catch up. Kevin is very particular as to who he works with on his leather goods, so if he is short staffed, it takes a while to get out the goods. With him, it is all custom order, no stock on hand. Took me about 4 months to get mine. That being said, there are quite a few holster makers out there, find what you like and carry on.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by donsadlerjr View Post
    What kind of holster do you carry with? I guess if you have a long shirt it would work out good also.
    I don't remember the brand of holster I use, but it is very similar to this http://www.southernpoliceequipment.c...=c&c=17&id=768
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

  13. #13
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by donsadlerjr View Post
    I don't want to sound mean at all and thanks for the welcome. I am not new to guns at all I looked at your link and well that is how to ride a bike with training wheels. I only wanted to know what some people are doing not a help site. Thanks.
    No hard feelings at all. I just threw the link out there cuz there are a lot of people who are looking for the info, or will be in the future. I know I have found info I was looking for that was in threads or posts a few years old. I will try to check over the links and update or remove them, thanks.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  14. #14
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    No hard feelings at all. I just threw the link out there cuz there are a lot of people who are looking for the info, or will be in the future. I know I have found info I was looking for that was in threads or posts a few years old. I will try to check over the links and update or remove them, thanks.
    No big deal I just go crazy when people come back with something basic. I should have no judged at all. It is cool.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    My EDC holster is a Safariland ALS paddle. Most of the time it's just chillin there visible. But if I do need to hide it, which is rare, I just drop a fleece or long Tee over it. An IWB holster would hide better obviously. Most every paddle style holster I have seen stick out a ways. The Safariland doesn't seem to be out as far or at an angle like the Blackhawk Serpa's. I really don't care much for sticking things inside my pants though and I like an active retention. But that's just my opinion.

    I do have a Cleveland IWB with horsehide, and know a few that do also. They are very nice and reasonably priced along with excellent service. I do like a few of the Buffalo pieces though. So many choices so little time.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  16. #16
    Regular Member donsadlerjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    83
    I have been looking at brovo concealment RTT http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/016..._grande.jpg?84

    Also been looking at looper. http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-7631733..._2231_16226560


    Thanks for the info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •