• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster info

donsadlerjr

So I was wondering I have been looking and looking I feel I have killed my self looking. Does anyone know if they make a Conceal to carry that can be made open carry if you like in a holster. I love the Brovo and Looper holsters. I figured if anyone knows you all do. I have also searched and just not found anything.
To be honest I would like one where the grip is all you see out so a deep set holster.

Let me know I would like to see what you all have that is working also. I need ideas. I am just having problems finding a good one.

Sorry I am running with a Springfield XDM 9mm 3.8 barrel.

Last edited:

hrdware

Virtually any holster can go from concealed to open simply by tucking in the shirt. I use an outside the waste band holster all the time. Sounds like what you are looking for is an inside the waste band holster. I've seen people wear inside the waste band between the belt and outside of the pants.

donsadlerjr

Virtually any holster can go from concealed to open simply by tucking in the shirt. I use an outside the waste band holster all the time. Sounds like what you are looking for is an inside the waste band holster. I've seen people wear inside the waste band between the belt and outside of the pants.

What kind of holster do you carry with? I guess if you have a long shirt it would work out good also.

Motofixxer

It looks like your newer to the site so let me first welcome you and encourage you to read and study. But I would also like to offer you a resource for holsters and other info. You can find a wide variety of brands and types. Maybe you can find what your looking for or at least get some ideas. http://Tinyurl.com/New-to-Guns

snubbyfan

I can't recommend a holster brand. I make my own. This is my snubby in a home made owb thumb break holster. To conceal it all I have to do is untuck my shirt.

Attachments

• owb.jpg
    owb.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 85

donsadlerjr

It looks like your newer to the site so let me first welcome you and encourage you to read and study. But I would also like to offer you a resource for holsters and other info. You can find a wide variety of brands and types. Maybe you can find what your looking for or at least get some ideas. http://Tinyurl.com/New-to-Guns

I don't want to sound mean at all and thanks for the welcome. I am not new to guns at all I looked at your link and well that is how to ride a bike with training wheels. I only wanted to know what some people are doing not a help site. Thanks.

donsadlerjr

Also you might want to check the links also. About half work some go no where and some go places I have been already. Someone might want to update the list a bit.

hermannr

I only incidental conceal when I am wearing a coat, otherwise I OC....so all the holsters I own are OWB.

My nicest holster is a custom leather holster by Alessi in Buffalo, NY http://www.alessigunholsters.com/ . It was also the most expensive and took the longest to receive.

It holds the pistol very close to your body, is very comfortable both in and out of the car (Full sized CZ85), is very well made and would probably be a CC holster if that is what you desired to do with it. Alessi makes holsters for many many models, and in several styles...just check his web site.

okiephlyer

Thanks I checked it out and apparently they are not doing anymore orders.. Thanks I am going to keep looking for there holsters.

I think they get backlogged at times and stop taking orders until they catch up. Kevin is very particular as to who he works with on his leather goods, so if he is short staffed, it takes a while to get out the goods. With him, it is all custom order, no stock on hand. Took me about 4 months to get mine. That being said, there are quite a few holster makers out there, find what you like and carry on.

Motofixxer

I don't want to sound mean at all and thanks for the welcome. I am not new to guns at all I looked at your link and well that is how to ride a bike with training wheels. I only wanted to know what some people are doing not a help site. Thanks.

No hard feelings at all. I just threw the link out there cuz there are a lot of people who are looking for the info, or will be in the future. I know I have found info I was looking for that was in threads or posts a few years old. I will try to check over the links and update or remove them, thanks.

donsadlerjr

No hard feelings at all. I just threw the link out there cuz there are a lot of people who are looking for the info, or will be in the future. I know I have found info I was looking for that was in threads or posts a few years old. I will try to check over the links and update or remove them, thanks.

No big deal I just go crazy when people come back with something basic. I should have no judged at all. It is cool. :banana:

Motofixxer

My EDC holster is a Safariland ALS paddle. Most of the time it's just chillin there visible. But if I do need to hide it, which is rare, I just drop a fleece or long Tee over it. An IWB holster would hide better obviously. Most every paddle style holster I have seen stick out a ways. The Safariland doesn't seem to be out as far or at an angle like the Blackhawk Serpa's. I really don't care much for sticking things inside my pants though and I like an active retention. But that's just my opinion.

I do have a Cleveland IWB with horsehide, and know a few that do also. They are very nice and reasonably priced along with excellent service. I do like a few of the Buffalo pieces though. So many choices so little time.