Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else anticipate riots?

Anyone else anticipate riots?

Dose anyone else anticipate rioting tonight, or in the next few days?

I only live about a mile, and a half from the Northern Detroit border, so if Detroit goes lord of the flies the rioting (and the raping, pillaging, and burning) may well come my way, and I'll find myself in the middle of a hot zone. Which is why I have all my mags loaded, and in an load bearing vest, along with a couple smokes, and I've sharpened my Bayonet, and I just got a new gas mask, and some rations, am I being paranoid, or do you think riots are likely?

Yes I do. Hope you invested in precious metals. (lead, brass and copper)
    Person in Home Depot: "Do you really think you need that?"
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i wouldn't worry about it. the government has given themselves all the power they need to protect you. the NDAA and "Patriot" Act will keep you safe.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

I have my gun on me today and told my wife to fill her car today so we "bug out" if needed.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I really don't think so.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Lightbulb

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Seriously, the people in Detroit can't agree on anything, let alone organize a coherent mob without turning on themselves...

Be good to others, be kind, until it is time to be unkind, then do onto others before they can do onto you.

ETA - I have actually lived in Detroit so I may have a little more insight than some of you from the northern suburbs. No dig intended.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 11-06-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: ETA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I live out in the country, not worried about it, at least until they wander from the city...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i wouldn't worry about it. the government has given themselves all the power they need to protect you. the NDAA and "Patriot" Act will keep you safe.
    Ouch! Now, come on, can't we all just get along...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I don't. I anticipate jubilation. But I may be wrong. I'm minutes from Detroit right now, didn't bring my get home bag, and I drove my electric car today, so I'm screwed if something does happen. I do have my 9mm Walther PPS that I OC'ed to the polls and a box of ammo in the car (although now that I think of it I'm pretty sure that's .40 so no help there...). So yeah, 7+1 and another mag with 7. Not really concerned. Detroit tends to burn its own inner communities down when it riots. I should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I have my gun on me today and told my wife to fill her car today so we "bug out" if needed.
    If you have to abandon Michigan, can I have your Solstice?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

I dont know if I'm anticipating it...but I have a couple mags that are ready to go if necessary and the rest will be loaded when I get home tonight.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you have to abandon Michigan, can I have your Solstice?
    If I'm not back in a week the thugs will have jacked it anyhow. Car envy, eh?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    I dont know if I'm anticipating it...but I have a couple mags that are ready to go if necessary and the rest will be loaded when I get home tonight.
    Almost every gun in my safe is loaded all the time, just because, not because I expect anything.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    You live in Battle Creek for God's sake! What's the worst that can happen, the Kellog's factory gets cleaned out of frosted flakes because their GREEAAAT!

Riots? naaw I doubt it..to Cold out.

But just incase, I've been rockin Halo4 all Day, to sharpen my shooting skills

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    You live in Battle Creek for God's sake! What's the worst that can happen, the Kellog's factory gets cleaned out of frosted flakes because their GREEAAAT!
    EPIC post!!!
    Person in Home Depot: "Do you really think you need that?"
    Me: "I hope not. But then again, I didn't need my seatbelt on the way here either."

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    They have over double the population of the largest city in da U.P., and when I'm in Marquette, I take my keys out of the ignition! :P
    Rand Paul 2016

Riots? What did I miss?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Riots? What did I miss?
    All the news stories reporting on people threatening to riot if Obama looses. Google it. You'll find a lot.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

no, not at all, and anyone that thinks obama is going to lose must not be good at math.

and say hello to your new SCOTUS, which will be a 5-4 liberal majority within the next 4 years, and have no doubt that the heller and mcdonald rulings are in grave danger.

hopefully the MI Supreme Court does not flip tonight too.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i'm not anticipating any rioting
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Not now. Ohio just went to Obama. The election is over.
    Wheels

No need to worry about riots, the freeloaders got another four years.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    No need to worry about riots, the freeloaders got another four years.
    You know, this is an incredibly sad statement; but absolutely true!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    Thanks to the third party voters. The AWB will be back soon, no expiration date this time.
    This is fear mongering. The Republicans held their position in the House of Reps and infact increased it. How can an AWB pass?

Do you think the THird Party vote in Michigan Mattered? Add it to the Romney vote and see if that changes the result tomorrow. I doubt it would.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast