• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else anticipate riots?

Small_Arms_Collector

Dose anyone else anticipate rioting tonight, or in the next few days?

I only live about a mile, and a half from the Northern Detroit border, so if Detroit goes lord of the flies the rioting (and the raping, pillaging, and burning) may well come my way, and I'll find myself in the middle of a hot zone. Which is why I have all my mags loaded, and in an load bearing vest, along with a couple smokes, and I've sharpened my Bayonet, and I just got a new gas mask, and some rations, am I being paranoid, or do you think riots are likely?

ken243

Yes I do. Hope you invested in precious metals. (lead, brass and copper)

FreeInAZ

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Seriously, the people in Detroit can't agree on anything, let alone organize a coherent mob without turning on themselves...:rolleyes:

Be good to others, be kind, until it is time to be unkind, then do onto others before they can do onto you.:eek:

ETA - I have actually lived in Detroit so I may have a little more insight than some of you from the northern suburbs. No dig intended.

Last edited:

kubel

I don't. I anticipate jubilation. But I may be wrong. I'm minutes from Detroit right now, didn't bring my get home bag, and I drove my electric car today, so I'm screwed if something does happen. I do have my 9mm Walther PPS that I OC'ed to the polls and a box of ammo in the car (although now that I think of it I'm pretty sure that's .40 so no help there...). So yeah, 7+1 and another mag with 7. Not really concerned. Detroit tends to burn its own inner communities down when it riots. I should be safe.

Shoobee

I dont expect anyone to riot over Florida although I could be wrong.

The rest of the nation is fairly clean.

Yance

I dont know if I'm anticipating it...but I have a couple mags that are ready to go if necessary and the rest will be loaded when I get home tonight.

WalkingWolf

I dont know if I'm anticipating it...but I have a couple mags that are ready to go if necessary and the rest will be loaded when I get home tonight.

Almost every gun in my safe is loaded all the time, just because, not because I expect anything.

FreeInAZ

You live in Battle Creek for God's sake! What's the worst that can happen, the Kellog's factory gets cleaned out of frosted flakes because their GREEAAAT! :p

DetroitBiker

Riots? naaw I doubt it..to Cold out.

But just incase, I've been rockin Halo4 all Day, to sharpen my shooting skills :cool: