• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else anticipate riots?

detroit_fan

no, not at all, and anyone that thinks obama is going to lose must not be good at math.

and say hello to your new SCOTUS, which will be a 5-4 liberal majority within the next 4 years, and have no doubt that the heller and mcdonald rulings are in grave danger.

hopefully the MI Supreme Court does not flip tonight too.

TheQ

Thanks to the third party voters. The AWB will be back soon, no expiration date this time.

This is fear mongering. The Republicans held their position in the House of Reps and infact increased it. How can an AWB pass?

Do you think the THird Party vote in Michigan Mattered? Add it to the Romney vote and see if that changes the result tomorrow. I doubt it would.

griffin

Do you think the THird Party vote in Michigan Mattered?

Yes. In fact, this may be your fault.
toetap.gif

FreeInAZ

Thanks to the third party voters. The AWB will be back soon, no expiration date this time.

I completely understand your concern. Could you please explain how this would happen without the Liberals having control of the House of Representatives where a Bill must be approved first by the House which is still controlled by Republicans???

May I suggest you and others watch this informative video that I watched as a child. No need to take a Political Science class to figure this stuff out. :p

[video=youtube;H-eYBZFEzf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-eYBZFEzf8[/video]

TheQ

I don't own any semi-automatic riffles so I don't care about the AWB.

Oh wait -- of course I do! But my statement above is just as "far out" as yours.

FreeInAZ

Last edited:

TheQ

He bailed out of this thread and started a National thread about 2012 election BYE BYE GUNS or something like that.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ction-2012-Bye-Bye-Guns&p=1848672#post1848672
You called it from go Q - more fear mongering. Faced with facts, just sell the snake oil elsewhere.:rolleyes:

A tactic if progressive liberals is to make statements that prompt emotion that aren't supported by facts. If expect more from a fellow gun owner. Honestly, I'm disappointed.

TheQ

I say it's the fault of the people who didn't vote for the candidate that pledged to seek repeal of Federal Gun control laws (Like GEJ did). I'd say if they would have vote for the pro-gun candidate, he would have won.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I saw it's the fault of the people who didn't vote for the candidate that pledged to seek repeal of Federal Gun control laws (Like GEJ did). I'd say if they would have vote for the pro-gun candidate, he would have won.

Not just pro-gun, pro-rights words are power Sir. There was a candidate that had our backs: hint rhymes with DON & MALL ;) Some here get so caught up in the rhetoric that they miss the big picture completely. In short OBAMA cannot do SQUAT without both the Senate & the House!

SO LET'S MAKE SURE THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

Last edited:

TheQ

TheQ

Not just pro-gun, pro-rights words are power Sir. There was a candidate that had our backs: hint rhymes with DON & MALL ;) Some here get so caught up in the rhetoric that they miss the big picture completely. In short OBAMA cannot do SQUAT without both the Senate & the House!

SO LET'S MAKE SURE THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

MR: We need to enforce existing gun control laws rather than pass new ones.

GEJ/RP: We need to eliminate/repeal federal gun control laws.

....hmmmmm. Yes, them damn third party ppl have brought the AWB back!

FreeInAZ

MR: We need to enforce existing gun control laws rather than pass new ones.

GEJ/RP: We need to eliminate/repeal federal gun control laws.

....hmmmmm. Yes, them damn third party ppl have brought the AWB back!

Truth deserves to be quoted! +1

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
no, not at all, and anyone that thinks obama is going to lose must not be good at math.

and say hello to your new SCOTUS, which will be a 5-4 liberal majority within the next 4 years, and have no doubt that the heller and mcdonald rulings are in grave danger.

hopefully the MI Supreme Court does not flip tonight too.

Hmmm. That soon, eh?

You see, even a liberally inclined court is going to feel the pressure of stare decisis (faith to precedents).

The only way Heller and McDonald will be overturned immediately is if the court abandons stare decisis. If that happens, we're all in a lot more trouble than just losing Heller and McDonald. Think about it for a minute. Think about what that would mean politically. Think about the political instability that would unleash, as the rule of law starts to collapse, as politicians large and small realized they were even less bound by the law and could do what they wanted, or try. This breakdown in people observing the legal boundaries is precisely what collapsed the Roman Republic and made it possible for Julius Caesar to come to power, ushering in ten years of civil wars and the tyranny of the emporers when Octavian defeated his last rival.

Yep, if Heller and McDonald are in grave danger, we're all in a lot more trouble than losing those two decisions.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Dose anyone else anticipate rioting tonight, or in the next few days?

I only live about a mile, and a half from the Northern Detroit border, so if Detroit goes lord of the flies the rioting (and the raping, pillaging, and burning) may well come my way, and I'll find myself in the middle of a hot zone. Which is why I have all my mags loaded, and in an load bearing vest, along with a couple smokes, and I've sharpened my Bayonet, and I just got a new gas mask, and some rations, am I being paranoid, or do you think riots are likely?

I don't think you're paranoid.

But, I'm a little worried about your weapons-focused preparations. No evacuation route planned? No water? No plans for building fire?

I'm thinking a weapon, while essential, is kinda low on the list compared to food, water, evacuation, a place to stay if you evacuate, people to contact, that sort of thing. Its great to have a weapon, but it almost sounds like fighting is all you've planned for. I would focus more on figuring how to avoid needing the weapon and the things that are going to be important regardless of whether it is needed. For instance, you didn't even mention toilet paper. :)