Thread: Does anyone else anticipate rioting?

Does anyone else anticipate rioting?

I posted this in the Michigan section, but I figured it applied to everyone else to.

Dose anyone else anticipate rioting tonight, or in the next few days?

I only live about a mile, and a half from the Northern Detroit border, so if Detroit goes lord of the flies the rioting (and the raping, pillaging, and burning) may well come my way, and I'll find myself in the middle of a hot zone. Which is why I have all my mags loaded, and in an load bearing vest, along with a couple smokes, and I've sharpened my Bayonet, and I just got a new gas mask, and some rations, am I being paranoid, or do you think riots are likely?

Re: Does anyone else anticipate rioting?

Why would there be rioting?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I doubt there will be any rioting. I am assuming you are talking about the upcoming elections. Yeah, you sound a little paranoid, but I always say the ones that seem paranoid now will be the ones seen as smart when the SHTF.

Scott

I doubt there will be rioting unless Obama loses, and I doubt he does.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I didn't hear the sounds of celebration in my area tonight. I didn't "anticipate rioting" unless Obummer lost the election - which he didn't. I did, however, have several weapons (and many mags) loaded, just in case (it's always better to be prepared, than to be taken by surprise). I hope the Republic, and those who believe in it, survive the next 4 years! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Here is one of the losers calling for revolution.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/dona...or_revolution/

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Here is one of the losers calling for revolution.
    A "revolution" can take many forms. As strong as his wording was, Trump didn't make a call to arms. What we need is a revolution of thought, from John and Jane Q. Public, to those on Capitol Hill. We need to move away from voting straight party tickets - because neither party's plan is right all the time. We need to forget about what is best for ourselves, individually - and think about what is best for the country on the whole. We must not cast our votes based upon any single issue. We will suffer the consequences of such blind selfishness for the next four years... and, perhaps, way beyond that point. Obama won this squeaker, but he had no real mandate. Neither party particularly seems to care what is best for the success of our Republic. They each have their own disparate agenda, which does not incorporate the desires of the people. "Divided we fall", and IMHO, America lost this election.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    A "revolution" can take many forms. As strong as his wording was, Trump didn't make a call to arms. What we need is a revolution of thought, from John and Jane Q. Public, to those on Capitol Hill. We need to move away from voting straight party tickets - because neither party's plan is right all the time. We need to forget about what is best for ourselves, individually - and think about what is best for the country on the whole. We must not cast our votes based upon any single issue. We will suffer the consequences of such blind selfishness for the next four years... and, perhaps, way beyond that point. Obama won this squeaker, but he had no real mandate. Neither party particularly seems to care what is best for the success of our Republic. They each have their own disparate agenda, which does not incorporate the desires of the people. "Divided we fall", and IMHO, America lost this election.
    Things will not change unless something catastrophic happens, either natural or man made. The majority of people are too comfortable with the shackles of entitlement, and the numbers will not change. The majority of people would rather give up liberty, than let go of the government safety net.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Things will not change unless something catastrophic happens, either natural or man made. The majority of people are too comfortable with the shackles of entitlement, and the numbers will not change. The majority of people would rather give up liberty, than let go of the government safety net.
    I agree completely, WW. And, the greatest threat to our Republic (and our greatest national fear should be) is that you are correct. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 11-07-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Oh don't worry I am sure that the West Coast is next. I mean after that wonderful Storm Sandy hit the east coast, yes I believe it was man made or man controlled, it proved that people are too stupid to care for themselves. The Midwest has been hit with fun weather too. Now the West Coast I think will seal the deal.

What method though? Earthquake, storm, volcano, who knows?

Keep your powder dry and watch.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Oh don't worry I am sure that the West Coast is next. I mean after that wonderful Storm Sandy hit the east coast, yes I believe it was man made or man controlled, it proved that people are too stupid to care for themselves. The Midwest has been hit with fun weather too. Now the West Coast I think will seal the deal.

What method though? Earthquake, storm, volcano, who knows?

Keep your powder dry and watch.
    When I say man made, it would be more along the lines of a severe crash of the economy. As far as natural, Miss Yellowstone will be enough. If she blows the whole west coast will be decimated. Half of the population world wide will perish from extended nuclear winter, most of the US population will perish, government will not be able to cope, and most governments will collapse. It will return most people still surviving to survival of the fittest, and probably burning law books for fuel. Politicians who survive will probably be blamed, and consumed for food.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

When I say man made, it would be more along the lines of a severe crash of the economy. As far as natural, Miss Yellowstone will be enough. If she blows the whole west coast will be decimated. Half of the population world wide will perish from extended nuclear winter, most of the US population will perish, government will not be able to cope, and most governments will collapse. It will return most people still surviving to survival of the fittest, and probably burning law books for fuel. Politicians who survive will probably be blamed, and consumed for food.
    The economy is speeding toward a brick wall! It's going to crash.

As for YellowStone going up, that would be VERY VERY bad it would destroy at least Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Utah
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

The last time the Yellowstone caldera went, it covered Nebraska in 6 feet of ash. The US would not survive.
    http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/...b_page_54.html
    Last edited by beebobby; 11-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The last time the Yellowstone caldera went, it covered Nebraska in 6 feet of ash. The US would not survive.
    http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/...b_page_54.html
    The world would barely survive, it would be an end to governments.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

An economic collapse I can see, but while Yellowstone will eventually erupt again, it is extremely unlikely to happen anytime in the next 100 years, or even the next millennium, Yellowstone will erupt sometime in the next 10,000 years, the odds of it being this year are about 1 in 10,000.

The world would barely survive, it would be an end to governments.
    End of Civilization, it would be a new Dark Age (in more ways than one), akin to an asteroid strike.

However like I said the odds are about 1 in 10,000 probably about the same for the asteroid strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    End of Civilization, it would be a new Dark Age (in more ways than one), akin to an asteroid strike.

However like I said the odds are about 1 in 10,000 probably about the same for the asteroid strike.
    It could be any number of natural events, I think Yellowstone would probably be the worst. But every time we sink money into storms like Sandy, it brings us closer to a economic collapse.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

It could be any number of natural events, I think Yellowstone would probably be the worst. But every time we sink money into storms like Sandy, it brings us closer to a economic collapse.

No problem with Yellowstone, just put a giant chimney going into space over the caldera. All the ash will rise into space and no global cooling and the like so everything will be ok
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

The economy is speeding toward a brick wall! It's going to crash.

As for YellowStone going up, that would be VERY VERY bad it would destroy at least Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Utah

what about british columbia? will Nootka sound be far enough away for me to survive in relative isolation? I doubt the canucks will be caring who comes and goes if Yellowstone blows her top
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    what about british columbia? will Nootka sound be far enough away for me to survive in relative isolation? I doubt the canucks will be caring who comes and goes if Yellowstone blows her top
    Think south. If the dust goes high and blocks out the sun then the earth will get really cold.

Think south. If the dust goes high and blocks out the sun then the earth will get really cold.
    Yeah! Mexico should have plenty of room, since so many millions of them are here illegally (for the moment). Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Sweet!

I can't wait, I've always wanted to hunt wooly mammoths and bring them back to the family cave....

and since a scientist is working on bringing the wooly mammoths back, i can only hope it's just in time for the big eruption. so we'll have giant wooly pieces of meat to hunt, and Seattle will become THE NEW YUKON and unlike the last ice age we now have .600 Nitro Express to bring them down, no more pits and spears required. I'm giddy as can be at the prospect

Go SEA-KON

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I can't wait, I've always wanted to hunt wooly mammoths and bring them back to the family cave....

and since a scientist is working on bringing the wooly mammoths back, i can only hope it's just in time for the big eruption. so we'll have giant wooly pieces of meat to hunt, and Seattle will become THE NEW YUKON and unlike the last ice age we now have .600 Nitro Express to bring them down, no more pits and spears required. I'm giddy as can be at the prospect

Go SEA-KON
    Why use something so large?

Ackley showed that a 6.5mm is all you need.