• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne County firearms training... Wording mishap?

FreeInAZ

You will find many public and private officials have a hard time understanding how the CPL laws and Open Carry compliment each other; in particular when it comes to PFZ's. This was most likely an accidental ommission of the word concealed. Or not? Only the private company official in charge of this site can tell us:confused:

Raggs

Dear Sir

I noticed an error on the pistol free areas page on your site and thought I would take a moment to bring it to your attention.
from your site "A pistol is subject to immediate seizure if the CPL holder is carrying a pistol in a "pistol free" area. The following penalties may also be imposed:" This sentence is true only if the CPL holder is concealing the pistol, If the CPL holder is open carrying the pistol He or she can legally carry in a pistol free area.
From MSP update no. 86 dated October 26, 2012
MCL 750.234d provides that it is a 90 day misdemeanor to possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:
 A depository financial institution (e.g., bank or

credit union)

 A church or other place of religious worship

 A court

 A theater

 A sports arena

 A day care center

 A hospital

 An establishment licensed under the Liquor

Control Code

The above section does not apply to any of the following:

 The owner or a person hired as security (if the

firearm is possessed for the purpose of providing

security)

 A peace officer

 A person with a valid concealed pistol license

(CPL) issued by any state

 A person who possesses on one of the above

listed premises with the permission of the owner or owner’s agent

Thank you for your attention to this detail

Sincerely

Me

SpringerXDacp

WCFT (website), is referring to 28.425o, where a CPL holder is in violation by carrying a concealed pistol, unless he or she is exempt.

FreeInAZ

You will find many public and private officials have a hard time understanding how the CPL laws and Open Carry compliment each other; in particular when it comes to PFZ's. This was most likely an accidental ommission of the word concealed. Or not? Only the private company official in charge of this site can tell us:confused:

WCFT (website), is referring to 28.425o, where a CPL holder is in violation by carrying a concealed pistol, unless he or she is exempt.

Great minds...:p