Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Another seattle police meeting Thurs. nite at 7pm.

  1. #1
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503

    Another seattle police meeting Thurs. nite at 7pm.

    There is another police input meeting at Miller community center this Thursday at 7pm. Attending is a really good way to get the pro gun side out there. A couple of weeks ago I attended the input meeting at Belltown. I open carried and spoke out for carrying a gun as a way of being safe all the time. Asst Chief Pujil will be there, you remember him from the conceal license story on kiro last week. He said citizens shouldn't take the law into their own hands. So this would be a really great opprotunity to show otherwise. If enough people want to go I'll take the night off from work.

  2. #2
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503
    I want you guys to remember when we all went down to Olympia for the Assualt Weapons Ban. Remember when the police chief of Bellevue spoke her lies to the commitee. Police depts. don't want you to have a gun. Because if a citizen can take care of themselves they lessen the power the police have over them. This meeting is a great opprotunity for the smart, brave gun owners of this state to teach the fearful, how to be brave and self-relient. 99% of the time, the police arrive after the crime is committed. Look at the Capital hill shooting, Jewish federation shooting, the Mr. Vargus beat down and murder. This is a great opprotunity to pitch a better way to the anti gunners, when they are feeling vulnerable and scared.

    Its a great time to take power away from the police, because Seattle police can't go any lower. The federal government has said they are one of the worst dept. in the nation, and have taken them over. We need to show the that there is a better way and it is fashionable for them to accept conceal carry and open carry, and how it deters crime.

    So I'm going to take the day off and hopefully some of you will join me in educating the fearful of crime, anti gunners of Capital Hill. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 11-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    I will be there.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I will be there.
    You should note that the federal gov't, US Army, has been training to use/supervise the local police as another arm of the military; the feds have been giving them military arms for just this purpose.

  5. #5
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I will be there.
    So glad your coming!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You should note that the federal gov't, US Army, has been training to use/supervise the local police as another arm of the military; the feds have been giving them military arms for just this purpose.
    And?

    There is a widening chasm between LEO's and civilians, unfortunately. SPD must change their tactics. Do I take issue with LEO's using military tactics, yes. I think it contributes to the divide when LEO's are trained, exclusively, that all civilians are a potential deadly threat. I can sense it when I deal with LEO's, their discomfort in dealing with the public on a casual basis. To much Authoritative, and not enough Friendly.

    IMO, the way LEO's are trained to view civilians actually creates a greater danger to LEO's and civilian lives.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 11-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You should note that the federal gov't, US Army, has been training to use/supervise the local police as another arm of the military; the feds have been giving them military arms for just this purpose.
    Cite please, or is this just more of your mundane drivel?

  8. #8
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503
    Last edited by jsanchez; 11-09-2012 at 01:44 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503
    I am so glad I went tonite. These people needed some edumacating......, at one point in the meeting the group facilitator, while we were developeing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns? Thats when Fred says " I'm concerned about the availability of all these guns and am fearful of getting shot by some wacko or criminal like Mr Fererai got killed in his van, with his family, driving by". Now Fred is a was veteren from veitnam or korea so he is familar with guns but does not own one. Also his wife Sue, sitting next to him, has been mugged, and her car stolen 3 times, Toyota MR2, and their house has been broken into 3 times.

    So I wait and no one adds anything else, so I tell him my story. Seattle has 25 murders a year, Oakland has 100 to 150, and has every gun law in the book. They don't have open carry pointing to my gun, you can't buy a conceal carry permit in the city, and Seattle has 600,000 people in it, there are bad apples everywhere you go, your just much safer in Seattle because of our great gun laws. Seeing them nod there heads in approval was why I went tonite.

  10. #10
    Regular Member rapgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    I am so glad I went tonite. These people needed some edumacating......, at one point in the meeting the group facilitator, while we were developeing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns? Thats when Fred says " I'm concerned about the availability of all these guns and am fearful of getting shot by some wacko or criminal like Mr Fererai got killed in his van, with his family, driving by". Now Fred is a was veteren from veitnam or korea so he is familar with guns but does not own one. Also his wife Sue, sitting next to him, has been mugged, and her car stolen 3 times, Toyota MR2, and their house has been broken into 3 times.

    So I wait and no one adds anything else, so I tell him my story. Seattle has 25 murders a year, Oakland has 100 to 150, and has every gun law in the book. They don't have open carry pointing to my gun, you can't buy a conceal carry permit in the city, and Seattle has 600,000 people in it, there are bad apples everywhere you go, your just much safer in Seattle because of our great gun laws. Seeing them nod there heads in approval was why I went tonite.
    I'm delighted to hear the public seems to finally be "getting it." Good job!
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

    A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

    Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

  11. #11
    Regular Member jsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    I'm delighted to hear the public seems to finally be "getting it." Good job!
    It would have been great to have an open carrier at every table. It was a real chance last nite to change minds in the most anti gun place in the state.

    Also the no firearm sign was still up, right outside the front door.

    Thank for the support, sometimes I feel very alone on here and am afraid to weigh in on things because I don't want to get kicked off again.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 11-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    I meant to make it there last night, but we have been having some issues around here that make me uncomfortable leaving the kids home alone.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  13. #13
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez
    Asst Chief Pujil ... said citizens shouldn't take the law into their own hands.
    So this would be a really great opportunity to show otherwise.
    No, I don't want to "take the law into my own hands".
    I want to act completely within the law.
    Self-defense is not "taking the law into your own hands".
    Why is that such a difficult concept for some people to grasp? (Usually the anti-gunners.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez
    the group facilitator, while we were developing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns?"
    Yes, I'm concerned that various public servants aren't willing to follow the law of the land.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Bigpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49
    Sorry I miss this one but I'm a late comer and just join this site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •