• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another seattle police meeting Thurs. nite at 7pm.

jsanchez

There is another police input meeting at Miller community center this Thursday at 7pm. Attending is a really good way to get the pro gun side out there. A couple of weeks ago I attended the input meeting at Belltown. I open carried and spoke out for carrying a gun as a way of being safe all the time. Asst Chief Pujil will be there, you remember him from the conceal license story on kiro last week. He said citizens shouldn't take the law into their own hands. So this would be a really great opprotunity to show otherwise. If enough people want to go I'll take the night off from work.

jsanchez

I want you guys to remember when we all went down to Olympia for the Assualt Weapons Ban. Remember when the police chief of Bellevue spoke her lies to the commitee. Police depts. don't want you to have a gun. Because if a citizen can take care of themselves they lessen the power the police have over them. This meeting is a great opprotunity for the smart, brave gun owners of this state to teach the fearful, how to be brave and self-relient. 99% of the time, the police arrive after the crime is committed. Look at the Capital hill shooting, Jewish federation shooting, the Mr. Vargus beat down and murder. This is a great opprotunity to pitch a better way to the anti gunners, when they are feeling vulnerable and scared.

Its a great time to take power away from the police, because Seattle police can't go any lower. The federal government has said they are one of the worst dept. in the nation, and have taken them over. We need to show the that there is a better way and it is fashionable for them to accept conceal carry and open carry, and how it deters crime.

So I'm going to take the day off and hopefully some of you will join me in educating the fearful of crime, anti gunners of Capital Hill. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

You should note that the federal gov't, US Army, has been training to use/supervise the local police as another arm of the military; the feds have been giving them military arms for just this purpose.

And?

There is a widening chasm between LEO's and civilians, unfortunately. SPD must change their tactics. Do I take issue with LEO's using military tactics, yes. I think it contributes to the divide when LEO's are trained, exclusively, that all civilians are a potential deadly threat. I can sense it when I deal with LEO's, their discomfort in dealing with the public on a casual basis. To much Authoritative, and not enough Friendly.

IMO, the way LEO's are trained to view civilians actually creates a greater danger to LEO's and civilian lives.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

You should note that the federal gov't, US Army, has been training to use/supervise the local police as another arm of the military; the feds have been giving them military arms for just this purpose.

Cite please, or is this just more of your mundane drivel?

jsanchez

jsanchez

I am so glad I went tonite. These people needed some edumacating......, at one point in the meeting the group facilitator, while we were developeing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns? Thats when Fred says " I'm concerned about the availability of all these guns and am fearful of getting shot by some wacko or criminal like Mr Fererai got killed in his van, with his family, driving by". Now Fred is a was veteren from veitnam or korea so he is familar with guns but does not own one. Also his wife Sue, sitting next to him, has been mugged, and her car stolen 3 times, Toyota MR2, and their house has been broken into 3 times.

So I wait and no one adds anything else, so I tell him my story. Seattle has 25 murders a year, Oakland has 100 to 150, and has every gun law in the book. They don't have open carry pointing to my gun, you can't buy a conceal carry permit in the city, and Seattle has 600,000 people in it, there are bad apples everywhere you go, your just much safer in Seattle because of our great gun laws. Seeing them nod there heads in approval was why I went tonite.

rapgood

I am so glad I went tonite. These people needed some edumacating......, at one point in the meeting the group facilitator, while we were developeing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns? Thats when Fred says " I'm concerned about the availability of all these guns and am fearful of getting shot by some wacko or criminal like Mr Fererai got killed in his van, with his family, driving by". Now Fred is a was veteren from veitnam or korea so he is familar with guns but does not own one. Also his wife Sue, sitting next to him, has been mugged, and her car stolen 3 times, Toyota MR2, and their house has been broken into 3 times.

So I wait and no one adds anything else, so I tell him my story. Seattle has 25 murders a year, Oakland has 100 to 150, and has every gun law in the book. They don't have open carry pointing to my gun, you can't buy a conceal carry permit in the city, and Seattle has 600,000 people in it, there are bad apples everywhere you go, your just much safer in Seattle because of our great gun laws. Seeing them nod there heads in approval was why I went tonite.

I'm delighted to hear the public seems to finally be "getting it." Good job!

jsanchez

I'm delighted to hear the public seems to finally be "getting it." Good job!

It would have been great to have an open carrier at every table. It was a real chance last nite to change minds in the most anti gun place in the state.

Also the no firearm sign was still up, right outside the front door.

Thank for the support, sometimes I feel very alone on here and am afraid to weigh in on things because I don't want to get kicked off again.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I meant to make it there last night, but we have been having some issues around here that make me uncomfortable leaving the kids home alone.

MKEgal

jsanchez said:
Asst Chief Pujil ... said citizens shouldn't take the law into their own hands.
So this would be a really great opportunity to show otherwise.
No, I don't want to "take the law into my own hands".
I want to act completely within the law.
Self-defense is not "taking the law into your own hands".
Why is that such a difficult concept for some people to grasp? (Usually the anti-gunners.)

jsanchez said:
the group facilitator, while we were developing a list of our public safety concerns, says "what about guns, does anyone have any concerns or fears about guns?"
Yes, I'm concerned that various public servants aren't willing to follow the law of the land.