• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun and knife show

Raggs

Grand Rapids gun and knife show at the Deltaplex, Dec 1 and 2. Cost is 5 dollars per person. any interest? Open carry friendly!

Grutte Pier

Grand Rapids gun and knife show at the Deltaplex, Dec 1 and 2. Cost is 5 dollars per person. any interest? Open carry friendly!

I'm going, but the open carry is only unloaded unless they chanced it, but last time I was there I had to unload.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I'm going, but the open carry is only unloaded unless they chanced it, but last time I was there I had to unload.

Grutte Pier,
Raggs is correct... we OC'd and were NOT required to unload. We were very obviously carrying too as a few vendors made positive comments about our doing so. Just to make sure we are on the same page here, the Delta Plex show is the one we attended... the 28th street show requires a firearm to be unloaded.

Grutte Pier

oc gunshow

That's where I went wrong then, I was there indeed last month, and I had my shirt over it, so cc.
I'll make sure next time its visible, I also went to the show in Lansing last weekend, wonder if they allow oc.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
That's where I went wrong then, I was there indeed last month, and I had my shirt over it, so cc.
I'll make sure next time its visible, I also went to the show in Lansing last weekend, wonder if they allow oc.

It appeared that they WERE zip tying firearms that people were bringing in to sell... so you may well have seen what APPEARED to be the "typical" gun check at at the door.