• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New in Brandon and looking for clarification.

Webbtide

I apologize for opening an issue that I am sure has been discussed but I am looking to confirm my "take" on Mississippi OC.

From what I can tell:
1. Gun rights derive from the Mississippi Constitution.
2. That constitution specifically states that the legislature may regulate concealed carry.
3. Either through court decisions or an attorney general opinion, any pistol in a holster is deemed partly concealed.
4. Therefore, there is no OC in Mississippi, only concealed carry requiring license/permit.

Do I have the gist of this correct?

Thanks, and again I apologize for my regretable, but hopefully, temporary ignorance.

4angrybadgers

Webbtide, #3 is an oft-disputed point. Not to be rude, but it's been discussed many times in many threads before, some within the last few months. I suggest reading through some of the older threads disucssing those points, and then come back with whatever questions you have. It will be more productive that way. :)

Right above your thread is a sticky that will answer your question. Here's a link:

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/showthread.php?97455-Open-Carry-in-Mississippi-The-Law

BTW - I haven't seen Daylen post in a while. Anyone know what happened to him?

Come to think of it, he has been quiet... I last talked to him ~2 months ago. I work with a mutual friend that talks to him frequently, I'll see what's up.